Computer science and IT
Studying computer science
Computer science is ingrained into almost everything we do and graduates with higher degrees in this area are highly employable across a wide range of companies and industries.
Microsoft, IBM and Google are the household names that spring to mind when thinking about IT employers, but there are thousands of IT companies and pretty much every business in the UK uses IT in some capacity.
- Overview of common IT business areas
- IT job roles and responsibilites explained
- What kind of IT job can I get with my degree - conversion courses
Case studies and profiles
- Postgraduate course profile: MSc computer science
- Postgraduate course profile: E-commerce computing MSc
- Postgraduate course profile: MSc in e-business
- Postgraduate course profile: MSc computer science (conversion course)
- Postgraduate course profile: MSc artificial intelligence
IT career/job profiles
For many graduates the IT conversion course is the path to a completely new career
Professional IT and computing bodies setting professional standards and promoting learning
Nearly 1,400 students study at the school of Computing, Telecommunications and Networks (CTN) at Birmingham City University, in disciplines extending from electronic engineering to the hardware of telecommunications and computer networks, software engineering and games technology.
Computer and IT featured courses from Birmingham City University's School of Digital Media Technology and School of Computing, Telecommunications and Networks, and Brunel University's School of Information Systems, Computing and Mathematics.
Read the latest digital edition of TARGETjobs IT and Technology 2015 for more on the industry and securing a placement.
TARGETpostgrad Study & Funding Fair Midlands
26 November 2014
Birmingham, ICCFind out more >>
- TARGETpostgrad Study & Funding Fair Wales – 5 February 2015
- TARGETpostgrad Study & Funding Fair North West – 18 February 2015
- TARGETpostgrad Study & Funding Fair Yorkshire – 4 March 2015
- TARGETpostgrad Study & Funding Fair Scotland – 18 March 2015