Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth University

International Business Management

The course aims 1st to set a sound knowledge base in the fundamental aspects of business and management, including current theory and acknowledged best practice in the areas of organisational behaviour, information management and financial control. Thereafter it focuses on the international context, developing students' awareness of international market trends and business opportunities. In addition to this basic knowledge, the University provides students with a set of analytical and applied skills and strategies which stand them in good stead throughout their business career in the global marketplace.

Entry requirements

A good Honours degree in any discipline; IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 93 (internet-based).

Course modules

Modules include: financial analysis and decision making; people and organisations; markets consumption and strategy; implementation delivery and development contemporary leadership; international business.

Assessment methods

The modules in Semesters 1 and 2 are normally assessed about 70 per cent by examination and 30 per cent by continuous assessment of essays, reports and presentations. The management reports module in Semester 3 is assessed by 1 written company report of no more than 14,000 words on a specific company or issue within a company, a sector or issue within a sector, a business plan or a consultancy report for a client. Usually 70 per cent of the report must cover 1 or more of these key subject areas: economics; human resource management and organisational behaviour; financial management and management accounting; marketing and strategy; the remaining 30 per cent must cover the subject of leadership and managerial skills.

Qualifications

Qualification Study mode Start month Fee Course duration
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (England) 12 months
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 11,750 per Year 1 (International) 12 months
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 12 months
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Scotland) 12 months
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Wales) 12 months
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Wales) 24 months
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (England) 24 months
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 5,875 per Year 1 (International) 24 months
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 24 months
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Scotland) 24 months
PgCert Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (England) 6 months
PgCert Full-time September 2016 GBP 11,750 per Year 1 (International) 6 months
PgCert Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 6 months
PgCert Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Scotland) 6 months
PgCert Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Wales) 6 months
PgCert Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (England) 12 months
PgCert Part-time September 2016 GBP 5,875 per Year 1 (International) 12 months
PgCert Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 12 months
PgCert Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Scotland) 12 months
PgCert Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Wales) 12 months
PgDip Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Scotland) 9 months
PgDip Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Wales) 9 months
PgDip Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (England) 9 months
PgDip Full-time September 2016 GBP 11,750 per Year 1 (International) 9 months
PgDip Full-time September 2016 GBP 6,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 9 months
PgDip Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Scotland) 18 months
PgDip Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Wales) 18 months
PgDip Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (England) 18 months
PgDip Part-time September 2016 GBP 5,875 per Year 1 (International) 18 months
PgDip Part-time September 2016 GBP 3,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 18 months

Campus details

Campus name Town Postcode Region Main campus Campus Partner
Penglais Campus Aberystwyth SY23 3AR Wales

Get in touch

Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.

Key information

Contact: 
School of Management and Business
Telephone number: 
01970 622523