City, University of London
Applications are welcomed from a wide range of disciplines with a first or second class honours degree, applicants must show an awareness of health or health-related care issues.
Applicants must demonstrate competency in spoken and written English and numeracy through GCSE Maths and English at A*-C.
We also take into account previous work experience.
You will be required to have occupational health and enhanced disclosure and barring service clearing. Academic and character references may be requested. Successful completion of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is required.
Due to the high demand for places on NHS funded courses, as well as meeting the stated academic entry requirements, applicants will be required to attend a selection day held at City, University of London. You will be asked to complete the NHS Constitution Assessment, which is used to demonstrate that your values match those of the NHS Constitution.
HSM001 Relationship Centred Care and Concepts of Biology for Health (Theory)
HSM101 Engaging in Practice 1 (Practice)
HSM132 Experiencing Acute Care, Diagnostics and Treatment (Theory)
HSM201 Engaging in Practice 2 (Practice)
HSM043 Experiencing Long Term Care, Rehabilitation and Recovery (Theory)
HSM051 Leading and Managing in Professional Practice (Theory)
HSM301 Engaging in Practice 3 (Practice)
Depending on the RPL Practice claim submitted by students there is a further 500 hours of clinical practice to be completed.
Course activities include the following:
- Lectures delivered by experts in their field
- Biological science laboratory work
- Seminar presentations
- Development of Clinical Skills expertise
- Professional issues workshops
- Interactive learning using biological science and clinical skills on-line packages
- Simulated practice of clinical experience in the Clinical Skills Centre
- Workshops to develop understanding of different fields of care such as Learning Difficulties, Mental Health and Dementia
- Personal and Group tutorials
- Clinical Practice allocations
Assessments include the following:
- Scenario based Examinations - 100%
- Reflective Essays - 100%
- Seminar Presentation Report - 100%
- Case Study Analysis - 100%
- Leadership and Management Strategy Analysis course work - 100%
- Clinical OSCE - 100%
Clinical Practice Assessment - Pass/Fail
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PgDip||Full-time||September 2016||-||2 years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|School of Health Sciences, Bartholomew Close||Islington||EC1A 7QN||South East|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.