Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc (Executive)
This part-time course meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leaders Master’s Degree Apprenticeship Standard. Eligible organisations will be able to use £18,000 of their Apprenticeship Levy to cover the cost of the course tuition fees. Please visit the Fees and Funding section for further information.
The Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc (Executive) offers the opportunity to study for an internationally recognised master's qualification. You will learn the latest academic insights and industry best practice which you can apply back to your own organisation. It has been co-designed with senior supply chain practitioners and is delivered by one of Europe's largest specialist logistics and supply chain management faculty.
Who is it for?
Supply chain, logistics or procurement managers who want to enhance their skills, knowledge and confidence to take on more demanding executive roles in the future.
Individuals with business or organisational experience in a non-supply chain area who are intending to move into the supply chain field, or have recently had a change in career track.
Ambitious professionals who are keen to develop themselves and want a "real-world" education delivered by faculty who are actively engaged with business, and can bring their knowledge to the programme.
Class Profile 2019:
- Gender: Male 56% - Female 44%
- Age range: 24 - 49
- Average age: 34
- Number of nationalities: 9
- Nationality: UK/EU: 90% - International: 10%
- Class size: 39
Why this course?
Cranfield School of Management was ranked 1st outside US and 11th globally in the Supply Chain Management World ‘University 100’ annual survey 2016, and 2nd in the Top 20 for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, for providing young people in this field with the skills and mix of expertise required to develop as supply chain leaders of the future.
Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching, result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Teaching at Cranfield is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels. It is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places huge emphasis on real-world challenges. This course will:
- Raise your awareness and appreciation of advanced logistics, procurement and supply chain practices and develop your ability to critically select the tools and techniques that are most relevant to the challenges you are facing
- Teach you how best to provide effective leadership throughout the supply chain life-cycle
- Enable you to carry out independent and robust research that is relevant to your organisation
- Enhance your knowledge and capability to manage and plan supply chains within an overall business environment in an integrated and coordinated way.
The course meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship. Subject to eligibility, your organisation may be able to use their apprenticeship levy to cover the costs of you attending this course. Please see our funding section for further details.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and a degree is not always necessary. Each application is considered on its individual merit, taking into account both qualifications and work experience. Usually candidates must have two years’ work experience and hold either:
- first or a second class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international relevant degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. from CIPS, CILT, and APICS) together with together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
All the modules in the following list need to be taken as part of this course
- Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability
- Principles of Strategic Procurement
- Accounting and Finance for Supply Chain Management
- Analytical Techniques for Supply Chain Management
- Freight Transport
- Inventory and Operations Management
- Information Systems and eBusiness
- Project Management Introduction
- Physical Network Design
- Strategic Management
- Global Macroeconomics and Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour: Personal and Professional Foundations of Leadership and Change
- A selection of modules from the following list need to be taken as part of this course
Taught modules are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The thesis project is written individually and submitted at the end of the course (i.e. December of year two).
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.