The Management MSc will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to tackle complex business challenges and to prepare you for demanding managerial roles in the future. It includes a distinctive blend of theory with practical application through highly experiential simulations, consulting, competitions and project work. It also offers you the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience at a company during a three-month, expenses-paid, in-company internship project.
Who is it for?
- Graduates with a desire to develop their knowledge and skills in management before seeking their first professional role.
- Early career professionals with a passion for business and aspirations to take their career to the next level.
Why this course?
More than just an academic institution, Cranfield School of Management’s world-class research, expertise and teaching, result in practical management solutions that are transforming the world of business today. For 50 years, we have been working with leading companies across the globe, pursuing our mission to improve the practice of management.
Teaching at Cranfield is exclusively focused on postgraduate and executive levels and is designed to nurture your practical business skills and confidence, and places huge emphasis on real-world challenges. You will learn to act on evidence in order to make better management decisions. This leadership development journey explores your personality to help you understand your strengths and weaknesses.
This course will:
- Introduce you to managerial economics and enable you to use economic reasoning in managerial decision making, and understand how external environment and internal capabilities shape a firm’s competitive position
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of a range of management science techniques and tools to support management decisions.
- Develop your management consultancy skills, and enable you apply them while role-playing a management consulting team working on a genuine business issue, competing against other teams.
- Engage you in gaining a better understanding of how corporate action can be best configured to promote responsible and sustainable business strategies.
- Gain an understanding of operations management and its contribution to organisational competitiveness, the ‘human factor’ element and how people behave within organisations, together with strategic marketing and management.
The internship provides invaluable practical work experience, and many of our graduates have been offered positions within the companies they completed their internship with.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually candidates must hold either a:
- first or a second class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- international degree - equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with 5 years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries – learn more about international entry requirements.
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements for further study at Cranfield School of Management.
All the modules in the following list need to be taken as part of this course
- Economics for Managers
- Management Consulting
- Leading Corporate Sustainability
- Managing Operations
- Organisational Behaviour: Application
- Marketing Management
- Evidence-based Management
- Strategic Management
- Accounting and Finance
- People Management and Leadership
A selection of modules from the following list need to be taken as part of this course
- Disruptive Innovation
- Mastering Project Management
- Organisational Performance: Direction, Control and Measurement
- Supply Chain Management
- Effective Cross-Cultural Management
- Teaching team
Taught modules (60%) are assessed by a combination of written assignments, exams and group work/presentation. The internship project report / thesis (40%) is written individually and submitted at the end of the course.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Full time||September 2019||£ 26,000 per Academic year (International)||Months|
|MSc||September 2019||£ 15,000 per Academic year (EU)||Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.