Created specifically for the defence community, the MBA Defence programme has been developed out of a growing interest both within the UK defence sector and the international defence community for management education. The programme does not just allow students to improve their skills and techniques in general management, but in addition we help our students to build the confidence, emotional intelligence, decision-making and team-working qualities that make for inspirational leaders.The course is offered in partnership with Cranfield Defence and Security at the Defence Academy, Shrivenham and the School of Management at Cranfield.
Who is it for?
The Cranfield Executive MBA (Defence) course is designed for military officers, civil service personnel and defence industry executives looking to contribute more effectively towards future military initiatives.
It is designed to meet the requirement for postgraduate management education in the defence sector. It aims to provide management skills with a specific bias towards defence. Students are provided with an exceptional opportunity to study in a dynamic and enquiring scholarly arena, but using practical case studies to explore the appropriateness of theory to real-life practical contexts.
Defence managers will benefit from this advanced programme of study, aimed at providing specialist knowledge to target new horizons. Without peers, the MBA Defence degree meets the modern defence community’s need for specialised policy-oriented defence management education. The learning experience is unique: forged from a mix of theoretical models, the extraordinary challenges posed by timely and efficient defence resource management, and the leadership imperative of lateral thinking.
Consequently, the MBA Defence produces graduates highly skilled in the resolution of contemporary defence management problems.
All the modules in the following list need to be taken as part of this course
- Risk and Defence Management
- Leading Change Management in Defence
- Independent Research Project
- Defence Portfolio and Programme Management
- Defence Economics and Finance
- Challenges for Leaders II
- Defence Economics and Finance
- Developing Leadership
- Economics of Organisations and Strategy
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation
- Finance and Management
- Global Macroeconomics and Business Environment
- International Business Assignment
- Leadership in Action
- Project Management Introduction
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Operations Management
- Venture Capital Investment Competition
A selection of modules from the following list need to be taken as part of this course
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance Transactions
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Driving Value Through the Supply Chain
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Identifying Hidden Needs
- International Strategy
- Investment and Risk Management
- Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Managing Project Uncertainty
- Managing Strategic Innovation
- Negotiating in Business and Organisations
- Strategic Human Resource Management in the 21st Century
Written examinations 50%; case study reports, class tests, group presentations and project work 50%.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MBA (Executive)||Part time||September 2019||£ 27,000 per Academic year (EU)||Years|
|MBA (Executive)||Part time||September 2019||£ 27,000 per Academic year (International)||Years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.