De Montfort University
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Students have the opportunity to bring issues from their workplace experiences and study them in a complex and comprehensive manner to doctoral level.
The programme promotes and supports strongly developmental interactions within transformative environments. It achieves this through innovative modules which have been designed in a manner which actively encourages the challenging of norms and orthodoxies so as to generate original and energised thinking and solutions. The delivery schedule of the programme provides the busy professional people who make up the participant cohort with opportunities to learn and engage flexibly across a range of modes including, for example, lectures, workshops, project work, coaching and distance learning. Working with the programme team, the discursive and exploratory learning mode of the programme provides a wide variety of opportunities for students to develop to their full potential.
The programme is thoroughly underpinned and informed by the latest research in each of the subject areas addressed. The programme core team comprise advanced and established professors with developed publication records, international presence and conduct international roles in high prestige networks. The skill and knowledge base of the team allows connections to be made with practical applications and what is often referred more popularly to as ‘real world’ problems.
Directed and taught by leading senior professors in their fields
- access to rich and in-depth sets of knowledge
A compact study format of three modules in year one
- followed by supervised and directed study in subsequent years
The opportunity to gain practical experience
- You have the opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience by completing an Executive Company Project, a 12 week business research project with a company
Access to extensive educational experiences through DMUGlobal ‘real-world’ problem and solutions-focused approach
- an opportunity to bring issues you wish to tackle in your organisational context and develop leading-edge theory-informed and practically orientated solutions
- Programme start for full-time and part-time modes will be Sept/Oct
- You will be introduced to the embedded ‘Employability Hub’ within Leicester Castle Business School which will enhance your CV
- Get taught by experienced lecturers who have a reputation for conducting quality research and consultancy projects
- Study in the historic Great Hall of Leicester Castle and the Postgraduate Centre (Hugh Aston Building)
- Network, mentoring and support from programme world-class and thought-leading academics
This is a doctoral programme which requires honour undergraduate degree level entry (2.1) or equivalent. Equivalent here indicates - professional qualification, membership of a professional body, high level managerial/directorial role etc. In addition, all DBA students will be interviewed and this will also form part of the entry criteria in line with DMU doctoral processes and policies. In addition, students will be required to draft a detailed research proposal at the time of their application. The research proposal will be referred to in the interview process.
Programme Modules and Pre-requisites
In order to enter the programme the student must have completed:
- an honours undergraduate degree (2.1);
- or have membership of a recognised (chartered) professional body;
- or be able to demonstrate equivalent professional qualification or managerial/directorial experience.
- and must have a substantial body of supervisory/managerial roles on a permanent or periodic basis. It is likely that this will have taken a period of time to accumulate and, for indicative purposes only, this might be, for example, five years.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.0 (including a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
- English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the course, if required.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|DBA||Full time||September 2019||£ 9,000 per Academic year (Home/EU)||3 Years|
|DBA||Full time||September 2019||£ 12,500 per Academic year (International)||3 Years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.