De Montfort University
MSc Air Transport Management
The Air Transport Management MSc has been developed by two leading aviation academics - with over 30 years’ combined experience - in conjunction with industry partners to offer a critical, comprehensive and practical understanding of the structure and operation of the international air transport industry. It has been designed to equip future leaders with a range of transferrable and analytical skills that can be directly applied in the workplace.
The programme is suited to recent graduates, as well as those with existing professional experience, who wish to develop and extend their critical knowledge and understanding of the commercial air transport industry.
Reasons to study Air Transport Management MSc at DMU:
- The programme has been developed by two experienced air transport academics who have over 30 years’ combined experience of developing and teaching air transport management programmes.
- The key textbook ‘Air Transport Management: An International Perspective’ (published by Routledge) used by this programme is written and edited by the two DMU Professors responsible for the Air Transport Management MSc. Students enrolling on the Programme will be provided with a complimentary copy of this key text.
Meeting the needs of employers
- The air transport industry is experiencing a global skills shortage. This programme has been specifically developed to meet the needs of employers.
- You will be taught by a team of experienced DMU staff and external practitioners who are specialists in their respective fields.
- You will have opportunity to participate in industry talks and events involving practitioners working in the aviation sector.
Tailor the programme to your aviation interest
- You can benefit from the opportunity to tailor the programme to reflect your particular interests or future job requirements through the provision of an elective module and the chance to focus on a particular area of air transport management in your Dissertation or Business Research Project.
- You will have access to the employability hub within Leicester Castle Business School which will help you enhance your CV.
- Study Air Transport Management within a dedicated Business School environment in the heart of the city of Leicester.
Career prospects and further study
- Every year over 4.3 billion passengers and 63 million tonnes of valuable and time critical airfreight are flown around the world, and demand shows no signs of abating with as many as 7.8 billion passengers expected by 2036. The air transport sector currently supports 10 million direct jobs and 65.5 million jobs in the wider supply chain, and demand for highly skilled air transport professionals is growing. Graduates of Air Transport Management Masters programmes typically find employment with airlines, airport operators, air cargo companies, air navigation service providers, national regulators, Government agencies and aviation consultancy firms.
- Receive mentoring and support from programme academics.
Applicants will normally hold a minimum of a second class honours degree from a UK University (or international equivalent) in air transport, geography, engineering, economics, tourism, international business, management or a related subject.
Relevant industrial experience will also be considered on an individual basis.
English Language requirements
- English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component is normally required. English language tuition is available at DMU both before and during the programme, if required.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Full time||September 2019||£ 7,500 per Academic year (Home/EU)||12 Months|
|MSc||Full time||September 2019||£ 13,600 per Academic year (International)||12 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.