Edge Hill University
Subject Knowledge Enhancement Computer Science
If you have applied to study a Secondary Computer Science PGCE at any Higher Education provider in England but require enhancement of your subject knowledge, then this course could be for you.
The aim of the course is to develop your subject knowledge in Computer Science to prepare you to teach the conceptual and applied aspects of the subject effectively, with competence, enthusiasm and confidence, to learners aged 11-16 years.
Different programmes are available and the most suitable structure for you will depend on whether you studied a degree in a computer science discipline and have relevant industrial experience. The course structure and length will be flexible to reflect the needs of each individual trainee.
The programme has six intakes per year. These include an 8-week course starting in July, a 16-week course starting in April, and a 28-week course starting in January.
You may apply for the course if you have been offered a place on a PGCE in a Computing or Computer Science discipline at a Higher Education institution in England, or if you are in the process of applying for the PGCE Secondary Computer Science and Information Technology Education with QTS at Edge Hill University. Applicants from other providers will normally have a recommendation from their provider to obtain a place on a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course.
The course is designed to achieve the following:
- Address gaps in your subject knowledge;
- Inspire you to promote learning in computing that is challenging and engaging for all students;
- Identify and build upon your prior learning, and develop your capacity for future self-study;
- Enable you to understand the topics of computer architecture, relational databases, algorithms, programming, networks and the societal impact of computing;
- Develop your ability to support learners’ understanding of computing;
- Develop use of appropriate technology in teaching and learning.
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.