Edge Hill University
Our PGCE Primary Education with QTS programme is a school-based partnership, combining on-campus study with training in placement schools and settings.
The PGCE will train you to teach across the 5-11 age range in Key Stages 1 and 2 and achieve the Teachers’ Standards. You will receive a high quality training experience and learn the latest approaches and strategies necessary to fully prepare you for your first year as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT).
During the programme you will study a breadth of subjects, including all of the National Curriculum subjects.
Successful completion of the programme leads to recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status.
When you apply, you should already be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to, and understanding of, primary education, normally founded on at least 10 days of experience in primary classrooms in the two years prior to your application;
- Suitable personal and presentational qualities, including a good standard of written English.
Before the programme commences, you must have:
- A first or second class Honours degree from a UK university (or equivalent qualification);
- GCSE at Grade C or Grade 4 (or equivalent qualification) in English Language and Mathematics;
- GCSE at Grade C or Grade 4 (or equivalent qualification) in Combined Science / Physics / Chemistry / Biology.
You are required to undertake Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy prior to entry to this programme.
If you accept a formal offer from Edge Hill University you will be required to meet the Department for Education’s standards for physical and mental fitness to teach and clearance to work with children
- PGP4100 Reflection on Academic and Professional Development (30 credits)
- PGP4101 Evidence-based Research and Leadership (30 credits)
In addition to the above modules, the course features a range of non-modular activities, covering curriculum subject knowledge and professional practice. These activities will support you in the development of the professional skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes encapsulated in the Teachers’ Standards.
A balanced combination of coursework and observed classroom experience will be assessed against the Professional Standards for QTS.
You will also complete:
- Edge Hill subject knowledge audits in English and Mathematics;
- A Career Entry Development Profile (CEDP) which serves as a bridge between your PGCE programme and your Induction Year as a Newly Qualified Teacher.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PGCE||Full-time||September 2018||£ 12,750 per Academic year (International)||1 years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Ormskirk Campus||Ormskirk||L39 4QP||North West|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.