Loughborough University London
Loughborough University London
Loughborough University is a leading UK university, with an international reputation for research that matters. Loughborough offers excellence in teaching and has a history of maintaining strong links with industry. What’s more, the university maintains unrivalled achievements in sport and its underpinning academic disciplines.
In September 2015, Loughborough University launched a new campus at the former International Broadcast Centre on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London. This exciting development forms part of a long-standing strategy to develop a world-class centre of innovation, education and enterprise.
Loughborough University London is located within a thriving multi-disciplinary community, and has been established exclusively for postgraduate and executive programmes in Media and the Creative Industries, Sport Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, Digital Technologies, Design Innovation and Diplomatic disciplines.
Loughborough University London can offer you something truly special:
- An outstanding quality of education from an internationally-renowned university
- Generous scholarships worth up to 90% off tuition fees
- Full or part-time options to fit in with your commitments and lifestyle
- Opportunities to learn from some of the world’s leading teachers and innovators
- Programmes developed with your career in mind
- Unrivalled opportunities with industry leaders and employers
Loughborough University London will builds upon Loughborough’sits success as one of the country’s top research-led universities, bringing benefit to local and global communities with its applied research.
Our cutting-edge research will underpins our teaching, providing our students with an education at the forefront of their discipline. Our students will have the opportunity to work with top researchers and industry leaders and gain first-hand experience of real-life problem solving. Individual projects arewill be motivated by challenges identified by industrial contacts within Loughborough University London’s network of partner companies.
- We have a generous package of support for our students that celebrates and rewards excellence, innovation and community. Our scholarship and bursary offering includes
- East London Community Scholarship (Up to 100% off your tuition fee) - For any student who has obtained GCSE’s or A-levels (or equivalent qualifications) from The Growth Boroughs – Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
- Dean’s Award for Enterprise (90% off your tuition fee) – Competitive scholarship based on a one-page submission of your ‘business idea’. For any student with an outstanding business idea
- Alumni Bursary (20% off your tuition fee) – For International and UK/EU alumni holding a current offer for LoughboroughOffers graduates from Loughborough University 20% towards the full cost of their tuition fees, regardless of their programme of study
- Excellence Scholarship (20% off your tuition fee) – Awards high achieving UK, EU and International students.
- 1909 Excellence Award (£1,909 off the full cost of your tuition fee) - For students who wish to study a programme from the Institute for Digital Technologies, the Institute for Design Innovation or the Institute for Sport Business and have made a significant contribution to their University during their studies OR have at least two years or relevant, professional work experience OR have a plan to create a new business after graduation.
- Loughborough University London is ideally located, with easy and affordable transport connections to and from central London, the UK and various European destinations:
- 10 minutes’ walk from Stratford International station, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Underground and hundreds of regular public buses.
- Westfield Stratford City, Europest largest urban centre is positioned next to the Park and has over 250 shops, 80 places to eat and drink, a 17 screen all-digital cinema and ten-pin bowling.
- London’s major airports (City, Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted) are 15 - 60 minutes away.
- The University will have dedicated careers support on-site, electronic resources, access to careers professionals and the opportunity to work with an industry mentor. Alongside the considerable contacts and career support that you will receive through the curriculum, you will be invited to exclusive events and talks where you can learn from media practitioners and show off your skills. Job placements, internships and part time job roles will be offered competitively so students will have to work hard to ensure they secure these opportunities.
The University will havehas a dedicated careers support on-site, electronic resources, access to careers professionals and the opportunity to work with an industry mentor. Alongside the considerable contacts and career support that you will receive through the curriculum, you will be invited to exclusive events and talks where you can learn from media practitioners and show off your skills. Job placements, internships and part time job roles will be offered competitively so students will have to work hard to ensure they secure these opportunities.
We are also committed to developing an employability profile of each of our London students through a formal assessment centre session, designed to accurately reflect the style of assessments used in graduate recruitment. Students will each receive personalised feedback on performance and an employability passport which includes a progress plan to develop Bronze, Silver and Gold employability attainment during their time at Loughborough University London.
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.