Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University
We are a leading, modern university with a history of education since 1824. We offer a wide variety of courses and professional accreditations to ensure that students learning can be applied to their chosen career. We have a community of over 38,000 current undergraduate and postgraduate students and more than 290,000 alumni. There are five different faculties within the university: business and law, arts and humanities, education, health, psychology and social care and science and engineering.
Within the North-West we have one of the widest range of postgraduate study options; from part-time to full-time, short courses to CPD, Masters of Arts/Science and longer term research and PhD opportunities across many subject areas.
Manchester is one of the UK’s most popular student cities. It offers a unique backdrop to our students’ university experience. A lively, diverse and cosmopolitan city with arts, culture, music, sport and a thriving economy. The city is full of innovation, creativity and spark, a place to get inspired.
The different districts of the city are easy to get around, and within walking distance of each other. Each part of town has its own character and ambience, offering something for every taste.
The Manchester campus is also close to the city’s railway stations, Metrolink tram routes and major motorway networks. Segregated cycle lanes are being introduced across the city, making cycling a safe and affordable option to travel.
- Our thirteen Research and Knowledge Exchange Centres act as the driving force behind our ambitious research plans, focusing on areas of excellence and quality.
- 85% of our research impact was rated world-leading and internationally excellent in the REF2014.
Career-focused and Industry links
- A dedicated Employability Hub at the heart of our campus with an experienced team of career advisers providing advice and guidance on many career options.
- Access to digital careers support for life.
- The University hosts major career fairs for students to meet employers on campus from a wide range of industries.
- At Manchester Metropolitan University, we offer a choice of professionally relevant postgraduate courses in subject areas, which are directly related to the needs of employers.
- Our library is open 24/7 during term-time.
- High-speed student Wi-Fi available across all campuses and accommodation.
- Wide range of expert IT support.
- On-site Print Services offering specialist facilities to print student work to professional standards.
- Group Study Zones equipped with the latest technology specially designed for collaborating on projects.
Funding and Financial Support
UK students may be eligible to apply for the government funded, postgraduate loan scheme. Postgraduate doctoral loans are also available for students from England and Wales. The University also offers a number of postgraduate scholarships.
Postgraduate Open Days
We hold Postgraduate Open Days three times a year, in February, May and November. At the events you can attend subject talks, meet academic staff at the courses fair, and find out about the application process and postgraduate financial support from our advice teams.
We also host Postgraduate Online Open Days several times a year. At the events you can watch videos and course presentations, download course information, talk live to academic staff and receive guidance on entry requirements and how to apply.
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.