Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University
We have more than 6,000 students who choose to study for a postgraduate qualification at Manchester Metropolitan University. We are a leading, modern university with a history of education since 1824. We also offer a wide range of affordable courses and study modes, and are a great place to study for further qualifications.
Our reputation for career-focussed learning and excellent facilities also attracts over 3,000 international students from 120 different countries. We also have a further capital investment of £400m+ committed to develop our outstanding facilities, buildings and public spaces.
Within the North West we have one of the widest range of postgraduate study options; from part-time to full-time, short courses to CPD, Masters of Arts/Science and longer term Research and PhD opportunities across many subject areas.
In total, we offer more than 200 postgraduate taught programmes and dozens of postgraduate research areas.
Manchester is the UK’s most popular student city and offers a unique backdrop to our students’ university experience. A lively, diverse and cosmopolitan city with arts, culture, music, sport and a thriving economy. The city is full of innovation, creativity and spark, a place to get inspired.
The different districts of the city are easy to get around, and within walking distance of each other. Each part of town has its own character and ambience, offering something for every taste.
The Manchester campus is also close to the city’s railway stations, Metrolink tram routes and major motorway networks. Segregated cycle lanes are being introduced across the city, making cycling a safe and affordable option to travel.
- Our Research Centres act as the driving force behind our ambitious research plans, focusing on areas of excellence and quality.
- 85% of our research impact was rated world-leading and internationally excellent in the REF2014.
- Our community of over 800 postgraduate researchers have the advantage of working within a collegial environment among highly qualified, leading-edge research experts.
- Manchester Metropolitan University has world-leading research in Healthcare, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering and Materials, Business and Management, Social Work and Social Policy, Sociology, Education, English Language and Literature, History and Art and Design.
Career-focused and Industry links
- Dedicated Employability Hub at the heart of the Manchester campus with an experienced team of career advisers providing advice and guidance on many career options.
- The University hosts major career fairs for students to meet employers on campus from a wide range of industries.
- At Manchester Metropolitan University, we offer a choice of professionally relevant postgraduate courses in subject areas, which are directly related to the needs of employers.
- More than 70 professional bodies and associations work in partnership with the University to provide the right kind of courses for the private and public sectors.
- Our library is open 24/7 in Manchester.
- High-speed student Wi-Fi available across all campuses and accommodation.
- Wide range of expert IT support.
- On-site Print Services offering specialist facilities to print student work to professional standards.
- Group Study Zones equipped with the latest technology specially designed for collaborating on projects.
Funding and Financial Support
To make the most of the funding opportunities, you need to make sure you know what is available, whether you are eligible and how you need to apply.
Financial support may be available for both taught programmes and research, through a range of studentships and sponsorships.
Postgraduate Course Fair
Come and meet us at our postgraduate course fairs.
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.