Newcastle University is a world-leader in academic excellence and original research. Our reputation and popularity stems from the high-quality teaching and learning experience we offer:
- top 1% of world universities (QS World University Rankings, 2014-15)
- top 5 in the UK for quality of student life (University Quality of Life Survey, Lloyds Bank 2014)
- top 20 UK university (CWTS Leiden Ranking, 2015)
- top 20 targeted by leading graduate employers in the UK (The Graduate Market, 2012-15)
- 16 out of 154 higher education institutes in the UK for global research power (Research Excellence Framework, 2014)
- over 90% of international students satisfied with our arrival, living and support services (International Student Barometer (ISB) survey, 2014)
- over 85% of international students recommend studying with us (International Student Barometer (ISB) survey, 2014)
We are one of 24 Russell Group universities. The Russell Group represents leading research-intensive universities in the UK with a commitment to:
- producing quality research
- providing outstanding teaching and learning
- unrivalled links with business and the public sector
Do you want to extend your subject knowledge past undergraduate level? Perhaps specialise in an academic field, or gain a competitive edge in the jobs market?
Choosing a postgraduate course is a personal decision and we're here to support you every step of the way:
- degrees explained
- find a course
- work out your fees and funding
- search for funding opportunities
- get the career you want
- your student life at Newcastle
- your application: a step-by-step guide
- come and meet us
Our research delivers a positive impact on a global scale. Our dynamic research environment, equipment and facilities allow you to achieve your goals. We have a broad research base in:
- social sciences
We will support your research by providing you with comprehensive training. You will gain the skills and qualities needed to develop and achieve. You will also develop the specific skills needed for your research project.
We offer a range of services tailored for international students. We provide help and advice to ensure that you get the most out of your studies with us.
If you need to improve your English before starting your studies we can help. Our INTO Newcastle University Centre provides training and courses on campus. We can offer:
- six and ten week English language courses for those with lower English language scores
- graduate diplomas in business/humanities and architecture - allow entry to certain taught courses
- English for University Study - intensive English language and study skills
We guarantee international students accommodation for the first year of a course. Our accommodation is affordable and located on or close to campus. We also offer help and support to students looking for private-rented accommodation.
Facilities, resources and support
We have invested in outstanding facilities and services to support your learning, including:
- IT facilities
- Careers Service
- support services
Our University Library has won five government Charter Marks in a row for customer service. The University's Special Collections offer unique teaching and research resources.
Our IT Service provides free WiFi and computer clusters across campus. It also provides technology to support teaching and research.
Our award-winning Careers Service helps students with all aspects of career planning. You can use the service throughout your studies and for up to three years after graduation. We also have a range of support services available to students.
Our city and campus
Our central campus allows you to study in the heart of the UK's favourite city (The Guardian Travel Awards, 2014). Newcastle has a diverse and vibrant culture, with plenty to see and do. We boast world-class arts, music, sports and shopping right in the city centre. We're also well connected, with excellent local, national and international transport links.
Newcastle University has over 22,800 undergraduate and postgraduate students representing more than 110 countries. The city is student friendly, multicultural and safe. Student costs of living are generally lower than the UK average and you can reach the countryside or coast in just 25 minutes.
We're ranked 11th in the UK for sport and you can take part in a range of activities. We also provide an excellent range of social activities. The Students' Union supports over 200 student societies and sports clubs.
Newcastle University London
Newcastle University London is a partnership between Newcastle University and INTO. Our London campus enables you to undertake a quality-assured postgraduate degree from Newcastle University. We also offer a range of university preparation courses.
The course offering in London reflects the strengths of our triple-accredited Business School. Our campus also provides increased links to national and international businesses in the capital.
Newcastle University London is based in the heart of the financial district. Our purpose-built centre is on Middlesex Street, near Liverpool Street Station. This central location enables us to capitalise on our well-established business and industry connections. You will enjoy regular contributions from thought leaders, alumni and leading professionals. Opportunities include masterclasses, internships and employer events.
Postgraduate courses offered at our London campus are available online and in our prospectus. For more information visit our website or email a member of the London team.