Nottingham Trent University
Early Years Initial Teacher Training
Ideal for experienced graduates with substantial experience, this short course is a route to gain Early Years Teacher Status through an assessment of your current practice.
This short course is designed for very experienced graduates with substantial successful early years teaching experience, who currently work as unqualified teachers.
Supported by your employer, the course allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all the Early Years teaching standards through assessment of your current practice.
A successful assessment leads to Teachers' Standards (Early Years) Award.
You will need:
- A good UK honours degree or equivalent.
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at minimum grade C or equivalent.
- Relevant and recent experience of practice prior to being assessed against the Teachers' Standards (Early Years) and the ability to evidence this;
- Disclosure and Barring Service and Prohibition Order checks;
- Professional ITT Skills Tests
- If you your setting is based further than 50 miles from Nottingham please contact us to discuss if we can support you before making an application.
The Early Years Initial Teacher Training (Assessment Only) route allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all the Teachers' Standards (Early Years). It does not include any training and is only suitable if you are currently working as an unqualified practitioner.
The assessment takes place in the setting where you are currently employed. Full support by your employer is essential to ensure the assessments can take place. If you your setting is based further than 50 miles from Nottingham please contact us to discuss if we can support you before making an application.
You will gather a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate how you implement each of the Teachers' Standards effectively across the whole age range of 0 - 5 years. You will be expected to demonstrate you have gained experience across a minimum of two early years settings, including Key Stage 1.
The assessment will include:
- a completed application form, including a personal statement
- a reference from your current employing setting
- presentation of comprehensive and detailed evidence to show how you meet the Teachers' Standards (Early Years)
- observation and assessment of your practice in your setting
- evidence of passing the National College for Teaching and Leadership's Professional Skills tests
- Disclosure and Barring Service and Prohibition Order checks.
There is no National College for Teaching and Leadership funding for the Assessment Only route, therefore you or your supporting school must meet the cost of the assessment.
The current fees are:
Initial Assessment: £500 (non-refundable)
Final Assessment: £1,500
Additional visits: £150
There could be an additional charge for travel and accommodation if you are more than 50 miles away from the University. If you your setting is based further than 50 miles from Nottingham please contact us to discuss if we can support you before making an application.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|QTS Award||Part-time||January 2018||£ 2,150 per Whole course (home fees)||12 weeks|
|QTS Award||Part-time||March 2018||£ 2,150 per Whole course (home fees)||12 weeks|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Clifton Campus||Nottingham||NG11 8NS||East Midlands|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.