Pearson College London
The UK’s Games industry is world leading and strategically important to the future of the Creative Industries in the UK. Games are everywhere and have grown from being mainly based on PCs and consoles to be common on phones, tablets and the web. They cut across all groups of players and by some measures the industry is bigger than the film industry.
Our exciting MA Game Art has been created as a response to industry demand for new creative talent and is focused on developing and nurturing your skills and creativity in preparation for a career as a game artist.
This year-long programme will allow you to develop your skills whilst working on collaborative projects just as you will in the industry. With our excellent industry links and guidance from our partners, you will benefit from learning the principles behind the creation of environments, interfaces and visual effects to a professional standard as well as the practical vocational experience needed to secure a job. A key feature of this programme is the study of the games industry itself, providing you with the knowledge and understanding of current and emerging business models.
- 18 weeks of practical class-based tuition
- 4 weeks of specialist class based training
- 8 week collaborative project (possibly distance based for international students working remotely with European students using the class space as a studio for production experience)
- 14 week Major Project which can be individual or team based (mix of studio space and remote team work).
An undergraduate honours degree in Art and Design, Architecture, Computing or Engineering-related subjects.
Applicants without a degree who have significant industry experience in Game Art or related creative subjects will be considered.
Suitable applicants will be asked to submit a creative portfolio and attend an interview.
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Our MA Game Art involves 5 key modules:
- Mobile/web game art and design
- Console/PC game art and design
- Advanced game VFX
- Collaborative game development project
- Major individual project.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MA||Full-time||£ 17,500 per (home fees)||11 months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Escape Studios||London||W14 0DA||London|