Regent's University London
Writing for Screen & Stage
Join the UK’s first MA in writing professionally for three markets – film, TV and theatre.
This programme has been designed with the writer in mind: you attend five four-day intensive workshops over the period of 21 months, and spend the rest of your time writing when you like, where you like, with constant script guidance by professional working writers throughout. The four-day workshops run from Thursday to Sunday, minimising your commitment if you work full-time.
- Become a member of a small and supportive group of ongoing active writers
- Watch your work being performed by actors
- Enjoy free London theatre visits
- Analyse and discuss nightly film screenings
- Produce high-standard scripts honed and ready for the professional market
- Direct peformances of your scripts in our own Marylebone Theatre
- Indulge yourself in two years of pure writing as you develop a second career in film, TV or theatre
Please note that we are not able to sponsor students on this programme for a Tier 4 visa.
- Short Scripts
- Adapted Scripts
- Production Case Study
- Observational Research Screenplay
- Thematic Research Play
- Analysis of Scripts
- Feature Film Screenplay OR
- Full-Length Stageplay
The degree is in three stages, each seven months long.
It is taught by five group writing workshops on campus combined with off-campus distance tuition and guidance throughout the two years.
You write your scripts at distance but under the continuing guidance of your personal tutors.
One common theme is how much the students enjoy the sense of community from spending the Residentials together in talks, workshops, seminars and discussions with other writers, but they develop their writing in their own time and at their own pace.
You may if you wish pursue an optional London-based screen industry or theatre placement, according to your preference.
|Qualification||Study mode||Fee||Course duration|
|MA||Mixed mode||£ 10,000 per Whole course (home fees)||2 years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Regent's University London||London||NW1 4NS||London|