The University of Law
Law, Governance, Risk and Compliance
The University of Law’s MSc in Law, Governance, Risk and Compliance is a professional programme, delivered in collaboration with the International Compliance Association (ICA) for those seeking career-enhancing postgraduate qualifications. The programme is aimed specifically at building international legal and GRC knowledge and will prove hugely popular with students and firms from around the world.
The programme is designed to meet the demand from firms for highly-skilled legal and GRC professionals (covering Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing, Regulatory Compliance, Risk and Legal areas). The link between legal skills and core GRC skills is extensive. The merging of these areas will create a range of professionals that are more in line with the modern demands and pressures being encountered in the financial services sector.
The ICA Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance or the ICA Graduate Diploma in Compliance. We also normally expect you to have a UK undergraduate degree or international equivalent, or a Graduate Diploma in Law, Legal Practice Course, or Bar Vocational Course/Bar Professional Training Course. Non-law graduates should have a basic grounding in common law.
If you are not from a majority English-speaking country, a score of at least 6.5 in all sections of the relevant tests administered by the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) (Academic).
- International business organisations (compulsory)
- International public companies practice (recommended)
- International capital markets and loans practice (recommended)
Other modules include
- International intellectual property practice
- International competition/anti-trust law and practice
- International mergers and acquisitions practice
- International joint ventures practice
- International arbitration practice
- International commercial law
Range of specialisms include
- Anti-money laundering
- Counter-terrorist financing
- Regulatory compliance, risk and legal areas
Module assignments and a supervised professional practice dissertation.
|Qualification||Study mode||Fee||Course duration|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Distance learning no attendance required|