UCL (University College London)
Institute of Education
The UCL Institute of Education (IOE) is a world-leading centre for research and teaching in education and related social science, ranked first for education in the QS World University Rankings by Subject for the third year running in 2016. We attract outstanding students and support them to develop as pioneering practitioners and future leaders in their fields.
We offer an unrivalled range of more than 70 Master’s and Doctoral programmes and are one of the largest providers of initial teacher training in the UK. Our teaching provides first-hand experience of leading-edge research and knowledge creation in the field of education and social science. Students also have access to our lively events diary which brings together leading experts and practitioners in the field.
Why our research leads the world
- The IOE is home to the greatest concentration of expertise and specialism within education anywhere in the world.
- We are number one for education worldwide (2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject)
- We are first for education research strength (2014 Research Excellence Framework)
- We undertake around a quarter of the funded education research undertaken by UK universities
- We are home to over 30 specialist research centres, including the ESRC-funded Centre for Longitudinal Studies, which is home to three of the UK’s four principal birth cohort studies; the UCL Knowledge Lab, a leading centre for digital research and design in education; the Centre for Research in Autism and Education; and the Thomas Coram Research Unit.
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.