University of Bath
Computer Science online MSc
With 75% of company executives experiencing challenges in digital recruitment (2017–2018) in the UK, there’s clearly a need for digital skills and expertise. For those with the necessary digital skills, opportunities abound.
Centred on the industrial application of computing, our Online MSc Computer Science degree will give you a sound foundation in practical and theoretical computation. This emphasis on the fundamental principles of computing, in real-life settings, will give you the skills to fit into a technical role, whatever your prior experience.
Developed and taught by a practicing group of influential computer scientists, studying this course will expose you to emerging ideas in AI, human computer interaction, cryptography, security and integrity.
By working with you to accelerate your mathematical knowledge and your understanding of computational models, theories and methodologies, our lecturers will give you a deeper understanding of computer systems. We’ll encourage you to apply this knowledge and experiment, which will help to prepare you for solving unique challenges with code. You’ll also benefit from real-world insights through our links with major tech corporations such as Imagination Technologies, Electronic Arts, BAE Systems, KPMG and Nokia.
- You should have a first or strong second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent
- To apply for this course you may have an undergraduate degree in any subject, but you must demonstrate evidence of relevant quantitative skills (especially algebra and calculus) either through your degree study or by alternative means
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree
- If your first language is not English you will need IELTS with a grade of at least 6.5 overall and no less than 6.0 in any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing and speaking). If you completed your degree in the UK within the last 2 years, you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
- Principles of programming (10 credits)
- Software engineering 1 (10 credits)
- Foundations of computation (10 credits)
- Software engineering 2 (10 credits)
- Databases and cloud (10 credits)
- Functional programming (10 credits)
- Artificial intelligence (10 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (10 credits)
- Theory of human computer interaction (10 credits)
- Cryptography (10 credits)
- Intelligent control and cognitive systems (10 credits)
- Research seminar and project preparation (10 credits)
- Independent research project (60 credits)
The tuition fees for our three-year online computer science degree are £722* per 10 credit unit (10% alumni discount). Fees can be paid in instalments corresponding with the course units. To qualify for an MSc you will require a total of 180 credits.
Student finance UK or EU
If you are a master's student with Home (UK) or European Union (EU) fee status starting University in 2019/20 academic year, you may be eligible to apply for a loan for your studies.
Your employer may be willing to fund your online computer science studies, especially if it will benefit their company. If you think this would be feasible, speak to your manager, then speak to us.
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.