University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester is a university with a history of delivering higher education that goes back to 1850. Both our beautiful campuses contain historic and state-of-the-art buildings in a blend of old and new that creates our unique sense of community.
Chichester is a campus University based across two sites, our Bishop Otter campus in Chichester and our Bognor Regis campus. Being on the South Coast we are next to the beach and are officially the sunniest place in the UK!
Undertaking a research degree at Chichester will provide you with an exciting opportunity to determine your own research specialism. By choosing us, postgraduate students benefit from working with specialists in their respective fields who have national and international reputations. Students undertaking research degrees normally register for an MPhil (Master of Philosophy) with registration transferred to a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) after appropriate progress has been made.
The University of Chichester has excelled in the UK-wide Research Excellence Framework (REF) results announced in December 2014, 90% of our research has been rated as internationally renowned with 15% classified as ‘world-leading’. For full details follow this link.
The majority of our academic staff are involved in research and scholarship, this research allows them to continue to offer high quality teaching. Many staff are involved in consultancy with private and public sector organisations, work with professional associations, act as advisors for government bodies, and work in collaboration with academics at home and abroad. The University is committed to supporting the development of all of its researchers and has a number of schemes and initiatives in place to this effect.
The University is in alignment with the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers and the University's achievement of the HR Excellence in Research Award.
As a member of the wider student community, you are also entitled to make use of other forms of University support:
- Facilities across campus including the library, special collections, computers, printing/photocopying.
- The ability to hire equipment such as video recorders and media equipment.
- Support tailored for international students, including language tuition
- The University Health Centre
- The Mental Health Advisor
- Disability and Academic Skills Services;
- University of Chichester Students' Union which runs a wide range of student societies
- University Sports Centre (including SARC)
- The University Careers & Employability Service for job hunting and careers advice
- University accommodation
- University Staff Clubs
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.