University of East London

University of East London


The programme provides students with a sound knowledge of both the practical and theoretical aspects of bioscience and the necessary skills to undertake individual and collaborative research. The programme has a wide appeal, from working scientists to science teachers wanting to update their knowledge of the latest trends in bioscience.

Entry requirements

Minimum 2.2 Honours degree in a relevant subject with a significant component of biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or genetics or a related biological science. IELTs 6.5 with 6.0 in all components.

Course modules

Modules include: Applied biomedical immunology; biomedical immunology; research project; research skills. Optional modules: Bioinformatics; biology of disease 1; biology of disease 2; commercial biotechnology; medical microbiology (control); medical microbiology (pathogenesis toxicology); molecular biology and disease.

Assessment methods

Assessment is through practical work and theory. In taught modules 40% of the module mark is derived from coursework during the semester (this can take a variety of forms including laboratory work, data analysis, essays, oral presentations etc.) and the remaining 60% from written theory examinations at the end of the semester. The research skills module is assessed by coursework involving a variety of forms of presentation. The research project is assessed mainly by the final written report, with contributions from a poster presentation and portfolio. The pass mark for all modules is 50%.


Qualification Study mode Fee Course duration
MSc Full-time £ 8,000 per Academic year (home fees) 1 years
MSc Full-time £ 11,700 per Academic year (overseas fees) 1 years
MSc Part-time £ 1,333 per Credit module (home fees) 2 years

Campus details

Campus name Town Postcode Region Main campus Campus Partner
Stratford Campus Waltham Forest E15 4LZ South East

Key information

Applicant Enquiries
Telephone number: 
0208 223 3333