University of East London

University of East London

Biomedical Science

This programme equips you with knowledge of both the practical and theoretical aspects of specialist areas of biomedical science: clinical chemistry, medical microbiology, cellular pathology and haematology. This modular programme aims to produce postgraduate students with a sound knowledge of both practical and theoretical aspects of the specialist areas of Biomedical Science: Clinical Chemistry, Medical Microbiology, Cellular Pathology and Haematology.

Entry requirements

2.2 Honours degree in a relevant subject with a significant component of biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or genetics or a related biological science. Overall IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, reading and listening (or recognised equivalent).

Course modules

Modules include: Biology of disease 1: clinical chemistry, medical microbiology; biology of disease 2: cellular pathology and haematology; biomedical immunology; bioinformatics; research skills; search projects.Modules include: Biology of disease 1: clinical chemistry, medical microbiology.

Assessment methods

Assessment is through practical work and theory. Taught modules 40% of the module mark is derived from coursework during the semester (this can take a variety of forms including laboratory work, data analysis, essays, oral presentations etc.) and the remaining 60% from written theory examinations at the end of the semester. The research skills module is assessed by coursework involving a variety of forms of presentation. The research project is assessed mainly by the final written report, with contributions from a poster presentation and portfolio. The pass mark for all modules is 50%.

Qualifications

Qualification Study mode Start month Fee Course duration
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (Scotland) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (Wales) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (EU) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (England) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 12,100 per Year 1 (International) 1 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (EU) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (England) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 2,017 per Module (International) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (Northern Ireland) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (Scotland) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (Wales) 2 years

Campus details

Campus name Town Postcode Region Main campus Campus Partner
Stratford Campus Waltham Forest E15 4LZ South East

Get in touch

Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.

Key information

Contact: 
Applicant Enquiries
Telephone number: 
0208 223 3333