University of East London

University of East London

Pharmaceutical Science

The programme is based around the development of new medicines, including the design, disposition, delivery, action and use of drugs; you will study drug development and design, legislation and regulation, drug analysis and quality control, biotechnology, pharmacology and toxicology; all students will undertake a research project in a specialist topic, which develops the ability to collect original data and take into account previous work.

Entry requirements

Applicants are required to have a minimum of a 2nd Class undergraduate degree from a UK university in a relevant subject or experience. In the case of applicants whose 1st language is not English, then IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and speaking and 5.5 in reading and listening (or equivalent) is required.

Course modules

Modules include: Drug design; legislation and regulation; research skills; dissertation; options; toxicology; molecular pharmacology; drug development; advanced cellular pharmacology and physiology; bioinformatics; drug analysis.

Assessment methods

Assessment is based on practical work and theory; in taught modules 40 percent of the module mark is derived from coursework during the semester (this can take a variety of forms including laboratory work, data analysis, essays, oral presentations etc.) and the remaining 60 percent from written theory examinations at the end of the semester; the research skills module is assessed by coursework involving a variety of forms of presentation; the research project is assessed mainly by the final written report, with contributions from a poster presentation and portfolio; the pass mark for all modules is 50 percent.

Qualifications

Qualification Study mode Start month Fee Course duration
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (EU) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (England) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 12,100 per Year 1 (International) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (Scotland) 1 years
MSc Full-time September 2016 GBP 8,340 per Year 1 (Wales) 1 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (Northern Ireland) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (Scotland) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (Wales) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (EU) 2 years
MSc Part-time September 2016 GBP 1,390 per Module (England) 2 years

Campus details

Campus name Town Postcode Region Main campus Campus Partner
Stratford Campus Waltham Forest E15 4LZ South East

Get in touch

Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.

Key information

Contact: 
Applicant Enquiries
Telephone number: 
0208 223 3333