University of Essex Online
Business with Finance
Develop a range of subject-specific and transferable skills on our MSc Business and Management postgraduate degree programme. This advanced course covers a wide range of challenging and thought-provoking topics including economics for managers, financial decision-making, research methods and many more*.
The programme also gives you the opportunity to undertake independent research and create a 40-credit Business and Management Research Report.
Developed and taught by subject experts, this 100% online course will teach you how to examine and appraise research methods and technological skills in making effective and ethical management decisions, while also critically analysing in-depth complex managerial issues both systematically and innovatively. You will also develop the ability to evaluate the principles and theoretical underpinnings of management, strategy, marketing, finance, HRM, and other disciplines within industry sectors.
The additional financial modules on this combined course also allow you to develop your skills further, giving you knowledge of financial management theories, techniques and models in an organisational context and the ability to assess how the financial management environment influences an organisation’s strategic position.
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MSc Business and Management programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
- If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent is required. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Work Experience Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Work Experience Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Work Experience Entry Route requirements for our MSc Business and Management programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
If you enrol on our MSc Business with Finance programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the MSc Business with Finance is based on a combination of written coursework and work on a dissertation or individual project.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Online study||July 2018||£ 10,608 per Whole course ()||2 Years|
|PgDip||Online study||July 2018||£ 7,072 per Whole course ()||16 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.