University of Essex Online
Make your mark and gain success with our unique online Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management*. The course introduces many key topics and techniques relating to project management.
You’ll learn the principles and practices of good management as well as delving into managerial economics. You’ll gain skills which will enhance your CV and that can be used directly in your current management position.
Using programme content created by tutors with considerable academic and professional experience, you’ll develop an in-depth knowledge of the complexities of modern business management and enhance your confidence, professional and practical abilities. After completing the programme you’ll be able to demonstrate an advanced understanding of the principles and theories in effective project management. You’ll also acquire a range of critical and analytical skills that can be used in a variety of different professional contexts.
This short, 100% online course is a great alternative to full-time, campus based study and is perfect if you are interested in discovering how project management works, or if you are wanting to progress within management, then this programme will enhance your knowledge and career prospects.
Upon completion of your Postgraduate Certificate, we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management (awarded after 120 credits) and a full Masters in Project Management (awarded after 180 credits).
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
We have flexible entry requirements that look at both your academic and work-based experience as well as your motivation to do the course. There are two entry routes onto our PG Cert Project Management programme:
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our PG Cert Project Management you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
If English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Work Experience Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Work Experience Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Work Experience Entry Route requirements for our PG Cert Project Management course you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least 5 years’ senior level work experience.
- If English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 60 credits at Level 7.
Level 7 modules:
- Management: Principles and Practices (20 credits)
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Project Management Techniques (20 credits)
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management will be based on a combination of written coursework.
You will always be aware of your current provisional grade right from the start of the programme, allowing you to evaluate the success of your current study methods and clearly identify areas to improve. We believe that this transparency gives you the information you need to make the most of your postgraduate course. We achieve this by:
- showing your marks clearly in your gradebook, which can be viewed whenever you log onto the learning platform;
- the rapid turnaround of work assessed to ensure that your gradebook is always up to date;
- assessing your work throughout the module rather than waiting for end of year exams;
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser; and
- the simplicity and transparency in the design of our assessment criteria
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PgCert||Online study||October 2018||£ 3,536 per Whole course ()||8 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.