University of Essex Online
Our Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management will build on your existing knowledge and experience whilst engaging in activities which enable you to relate your experience to contemporary ideas and practice within a global context*. Giving you the skills and knowledge to progress your career in a wide variety of organisations and industries.
Developed by subject experts, this advanced programme covers a range of challenging topics, principles, theories and practices within project management. Expanding your current thinking across a range of issues relevant to the subject area and providing a theoretical and practical exploration of the factors required for effective project management in today’s global and highly competitive environment.
On this course you’ll learn how to effectively manage and analyse projects leading you to success within your organisation or further afield. You’ll also gather extensive knowledge in managerial economics, sustainable operations plus many more key areas of management.
Upon completion of your Postgraduate Diploma, we offer the opportunity for you to progress to study for a full Masters (awarded after 180 credits).
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
We have flexible entry requirements that look at both your academic and work-based experience as well as your motivation to do the course. There are two entry routes onto our PG Dip Project Management programme:
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our PG Dip Project Management programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Work Experience Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Work Experience Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Work Experience Entry Route requirements for our PG Dip Project Management programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Management is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 120 credits at Level 7.
Level 7 modules:
- Management: Principles and Practices (20 credits)
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Project Management Techniques (20 credits)
- Management of Projects (20 credits)
- Project Analytics (20 credits)
- Leading and Managing Project Teams (20 credits)
Upon completion of your PG Dip Project Management we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for an MSc Project Management (180 credits).
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management is based on a combination of written coursework.
You are always aware of your current provisional grade right from the start of the programme, allowing you to evaluate the success of your current study methods and clearly identify areas to improve. We believe that this transparency gives you the information you need to make the most of your course. We achieve this by:
- showing your marks clearly in your gradebook, which can be viewed whenever you log onto the learning platform
- the rapid turnaround of work assessed to ensure that your gradebook is always up to date
- assessing your work throughout the module rather than waiting for end of year exams
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
- the simplicity and transparency in the design of our assessment criteria
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PgDip||Online study||October 2018||£ 7,072 per Module ()||16 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.