University of Essex Online
In today’s global and highly competitive environment our MSc Project Management postgraduate degree programme will ensure you stand out from the crowd*. This advanced course introduces students to the complexities of modern business, covering a wide range of challenging and thought-provoking topics. The programme also gives you the opportunity to undertake independent research and create a 40-credit Business and Management Research Report.
Developed and taught by subject experts, this 100% inter-disciplinary and integrative programme will teach you how to examine and appraise research methods and technological skills in making effective and ethical management decisions, while also critically analysing in-depth complex managerial issues both systematically and innovatively. You will also develop the ability to evaluate the principles and theoretical underpinnings of management, strategy, and other disciplines within industry sectors.
Building on your existing knowledge and experience in management, you will engage in activities which relate to your current or future job roles. The programme will expose you to current thinking across a range of issues relevant to project management and provide a theoretical and practical exploration of the factors required for effective project management.
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MSc Project Management programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification.
2. Work Experience Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Work Experience Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Work Experience Entry Route requirements for our MSc Project Management programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
The MSc Project Management degree is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 180 credits at Level 7.
Level 7 modules:
- Business and Management Research Report (40 credits)*
- Management: Principle and Practices (20 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)*
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Project Management Techniques (20 credits)
- Management of Projects (20 credits)
- Project Analytics (20 credits)
- Leading and Managing Project Teams (20 credits)
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Our MSc Project Management course includes both compulsory and core modules.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the MSc Project Management is based on a combination of written coursework and work on a dissertation or individual project.
You are able to see your current provisional marks from the start of the programme, allowing you to evaluate the success of your current study methods and clearly identify areas to improve. We believe that this transparency gives you the information you need to make the most of your Masters course. We achieve this by:
- showing your marks clearly in your gradebook, which can be viewed whenever you log onto the learning platform
- the rapid turnaround of work assessed to ensure that your gradebook is always up to date
- assessing your work throughout the module rather than waiting for end of year exams
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
- the simplicity and transparency in the design of our assessment criteria
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
On successful completion of your MSc Project Management degree, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Online study||October 2018||£ 10,608 per Whole course ()||24 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.