University of Essex Online
International Healthcare Management PgDip
Challenge yourself with our progressive PG Diploma in International Healthcare Management that will provide you with a systematic and critical understanding of leadership and management theory, challenges and practices within a global healthcare environment.*
This course introduces you to the complexities of international healthcare, covering a wide range of challenging and thought-provoking business and health related topics.
Developed by subject experts, this advanced programme looks at principles, theories and practices within healthcare management. It also provides you with the opportunity to learn about the processes of policy-making, planning and delivery of services whilst taking into account the cultural, ethical and social issues.
On this course you’ll learn how to critically analyse, compare and reflect on different national and international approaches to healthcare management considering the external contexts, contemporary issues and influences. You’ll also be able to understand approaches to global healthcare management by relating every day, personal and community experience with management theory.
Upon completion of your Postgraduate Diploma, we offer the opportunity for you to progress to study for a full Masters (awarded after 180 credits).
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
We have flexible entry requirements that look at both your academic and work-based experience as well as your motivation to do the course. There are two entry routes onto our PG Dip International Healthcare Management programme:
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our PG Dip International Healthcare Management programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a national of, or if you have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
2. Work Experience Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Work Experience Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Work Experience Entry Route requirements for our PG Dip International Healthcare Management programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
21-day money back guarantee
If you enrol on our PG Dip International Healthcare Management programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the Postgraduate Diploma in International Healthcare Management is based on a combination of written coursework.
You are always aware of your current provisional grade right from the start of the programme, allowing you to evaluate the success of your current study methods and clearly identify areas to improve. We believe that this transparency gives you the information you need to make the most of your course. We achieve this by:
- showing your marks clearly in your gradebook, which can be viewed whenever you log onto the learning platform
- the rapid turnaround of work assessed to ensure that your gradebook is always up to date
- assessing your work throughout the module rather than waiting for end of year exams
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
- the simplicity and transparency in the design of our assessment criteria
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PgDip||Online study||January 2019||£ 7,072 per Whole course ()||16 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.