University of Essex Online
Business and Management
Our MSc Business and Management Masters degree offers an advanced qualification that is designed to equip you with a thorough understanding of modern management concepts and techniques. It prepares you to face the challenges of managing and working in a variety of organisations, both within Europe and internationally. You gain confidence in strategic areas including financial decision making, leadership in practice and managing across cultures. Studying for a business Masters qualification gives you the opportunity to expand your subject knowledge and build on the skills you have gained during your undergraduate studies. The benefits extend beyond improving your earning potential. Managers in today’s knowledge-based economy need to be adaptable and flexible with strong analytical capabilities. Masters-level study can prepare you for this challenge as well as providing you with specialist subject knowledge in areas such as markets, finance, customers and operations. If you have not previously studied for a Bachelors degree in business or related subjects, our MSc Business and Management course provides grounding for a range of specialist careers including marketing, accounting, project management and human resources.
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MSc Business and Management programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
- If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent is required. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Open Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Open Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Open Entry Route requirements for our MSc Business and Management programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
- Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
If you enrol on our MSc Business and Management programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund.
Our MSc Business and Management course includes both compulsory and optional modules, so you can tailor the content of your course to more closely fit your interests and aspirations.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the MSc Business and Management is based on a combination of written coursework and work on a dissertation or individual project.
At the end of your studies, you submit a 3,500-4,500 Research Proposal followed by a 13,000-15,000 word Management Report.
You are able to see your current provisional marks from the start of the programme, allowing you to evaluate the success of your current study methods and clearly identify areas to improve. We believe that this transparency gives you the information you need to make the most of your Masters course. We achieve this by:
- showing your marks clearly in your gradebook, which can be viewed whenever you log onto the learning platform
- the rapid turnaround of work assessed to ensure that your gradebook is always up to date
- assessing your work throughout the module rather than waiting for end of year exams
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
- the simplicity and transparency in the design of our assessment criteria
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
On successful completion of your MSc Business and Management degree, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Online study||September 2017||£ 10,200 per Whole course ()||24 months|
|PgCert||Online study||September 2017||£ 3,400 per Whole course ()||8 months|
|PgDip||Online study||September 2017||£ 6,800 per Whole course ()||16 months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.