University of Essex Online
Business with Human Resources
With modules covering leadership, economics, human resource management and much more, our MSc Business with Human Resources will prepare you for a senior role in almost any private, public or non-profit making organisation*.
You’ll use cutting-edge theories and practices to critically reflect on your own workplace experience, while also developing cross-functional abilities and transferable skills.
The business expertise you will develop will allow you to apply relevant qualitative and quantitative research methods to tasks, synthesise and utilise management tools in the construction of business projects and decision-making, critically select effective information collection methods, competently apply appropriate analytical tools and much more.
And the additional human resource knowledge that you will also gain on this combined course will also allow you to critically examine the management and motivation of the human resource through approaches to performance management and reward, cultures of continuous development and improvement amongst diverse employees.
The programme also gives you the opportunity to undertake independent research and create a 40-credit Business and Management Research Report.
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MSc Business with Human Resources programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
- If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent is required. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Open Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Open Entry Route.
In order to satisfy the Open Entry Route requirements for our MSc Business with Human Resources programme you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- At least five years’ senior level work experience.
- English language proficiency should be at a level equivalent to IELTS (Academic) 6.5. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
If you enrol on our MSc Business with Human Resources programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the MSc Business with Human Resources is based on a combination of written coursework and work on a dissertation or individual project.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Online study||September 2017||£ 10,200 per Whole course ()||2 Years|
|PgDip||Online study||September 2017||£ 6,800 per Whole course ()||16 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.