University of Essex Online
Developed in partnership with the world-class team at Essex Business School, this online MBA programme combines cutting-edge learning technology with teaching expertise from industry leaders.*
Working alongside a diverse and professional cohort, students will study a broad range of business themes, management techniques and leadership qualities.
The programme encompasses a wide range of innovative modules covering a variety of industry-specific topics including entrepreneurship, managerial economics, business strategy, sustainable operations and many more.
Throughout these thought-provoking and challenging modules, students are given the opportunity to explore the impacts of internationalisation while also gaining the skills to lead in increasingly demanding marketplaces.
The programme also supports and develops the entrepreneurial spirit, allowing each student to build sustainable, resilient business models.
* The start date and details of this course are still subject to University approval. In the event that approval is not granted by your course start date, an alternative date will be offered or a full refund given. If we need to make changes to this programme as part of the University of Essex validation process, we will communicate these to you at the earliest possible date.
1. Academic Entry Route
In order to satisfy the Academic Entry Route requirements for our MBA programme you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- A 1st, 2:1 or 2:2 undergraduate degree from an approved institution equivalent to a UK Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification.
- At least three years’ relevant, professional work experience.
- If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
2. Open Entry Route
We recognise that you can gain skills in a wide variety of ways and that prior academic performance is not the only indicator of an applicant’s ability. Therefore, if you do not meet the minimum academic standards above, you may still be eligible to enrol via our Open Entry Route.
If you are a non-standard applicant (which is typically an applicant who possesses an undergraduate degree below a 2:2 standard, or an applicant who does not possess an undergraduate degree at all) we require at least five years' of relevant managerial experience.
If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, we require students to pass a free online English test.
Your application will be considered on an individual basis taking into account your motivation for doing the course, prior work experience and other relevant qualifications that demonstrate your ability to successfully complete the programme.
If you enrol on our MBA programme but decide that online learning isn’t for you, we will allow you to withdraw within 21 days of the start date stated on your offer letter. If you have paid an initial deposit up front, you will receive a full refund.
The MBA is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 180 credits at Level 7.
- Business Planning (10 credits)
- Business Research (10 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (10 credits)
- Managerial Finance and Accounting (10 credits)
- Business Strategy (10 credits)
- Marketing in a Global Economy (10 credits)
- Sustainable Operations (10 credits)
- International Business Environment (10 credits)
- Managerial Economics (10 credits)
- People and Organisations (10 credits)
- Leadership and Business Performance (10 credits)
- Strategic Online Marketing Management (10 credits)
- MBA Project (60 credits)*
*These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
For all modules you undertake online, we adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment. Assessment for the online modules of the MBA is based on a combination of written coursework, discussion contributions and reflective journal entries considering the key learning outcomes and their applicability to the student. Your course tutor will make the requirements and assessments of each module clear to you before you start.
We also have a policy of ensuring that work submitted by students is authentic. As well as the fact that all work is frequently assessed, we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
On successful completion of your MBA programme, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MBA||Online study||September 2017||£ 15,600 per Whole course ()||2 years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.