The University of Law
Online Legal Practice (Conflict Resolution)
Rapid globalisation has fostered the demand for professionals who can master the challenges of working in an environment where business meets law. Combining taught modules on legal and commercial topics, our online LLM opens many doors. With a strong focus on employability and the production of client-facing documentation, the Master of Laws (LLM) in Legal Practice will equip you with practical skills you can take with you directly into the workplace.
Each specialisation combines online modules, research methods and related commercial topics. By studying one of our LLMs, you will be able to demonstrate your specialist knowledge to potential employers through your own dissertation on a specific area of current legal practice.
You can study your specialisation over a period of up to five years: no attendance is required at our campuses as all of your studies will be carried out online. Please note your degree certificate will not state ‘distance learning.
To be eligible to take up your place on our Online LLMs, you must comply with the following requirements:
- Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in any subject at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Overseas graduates, in addition to the above, we also require an English language qualification at a level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
If you have completed a degree outside the UK and you do not come from a majority English speaking country:
A certified copy of any document that proves that you are qualified in English at CEFR level B2 or above in each of the four components of language learning.
Our LLM programmes are assessed by:
- Two compulsory modules (30 credits each)
- A choice of two optional modules (30 credits each)
- A 15,000-word dissertation on a subject of your own choice within the field of international commercial conflict resolution or intellectual property practice (60 credits).
- International Dispute Resolution Practice
- Research Methods Module.
A choice of two optional modules from:
- International Intellectual Property Practice
- International Commercial Law and Practice
- International Competition/Anti-Trust Law and Practice
- International Joint Ventures Law and Practice.
In addition you will complete a 15,000-word dissertation on a subject of your own choice within the field of international commercial conflict resolution.
For each of the modules, there will be a Module Assignment requiring completion of a series of drafting tasks, and also the completion and submission of a Portfolio Report in the subject area. The Research Methods module will be assessed by submission of a detailed written dissertation proposal. The dissertation is assessed by submission of the dissertation itself.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|LLM||Online study||July 2018||GBP 8,500 per Whole course (Home/EU)||18 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.