The University of Law
LLM Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
The LLM Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution is an innovative, flexible programme for law graduates who would like to gain in-depth knowledge of mediation and alternative dispute resolution. Whether you want to progress within your current career or are considering a career change, mediation and alternative dispute resolution are an increasingly important part of the legal landscape.
The Award-Linked Module for this programme (Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution) is a hands-on, practical module which will simulate mediation and negotiation scenarios allowing you to develop the skills required in practice. For those unfamiliar with civil and criminal litigation, there is an additional award-linked module (Civil and Criminal Litigation) which will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the litigation landscape in England and Wales.
The programme structure is highly flexible, meaning that you can design a degree that meets your career objectives, whatever they might be.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics.
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context, so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world.
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development.
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes.*
- Learn about Legal Technology. As a result of the embedded flexibility of the Master’s Programmes in Law, you can select to study modules in legal technology, gaining insight into this emerging area.
- Improve your employability. Gain those all important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a Postgraduate Student Loan
To be eligible to take up your place on our new LLMs, you must comply with the following requirements:
Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in law at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
We recommend that you consider our MA courses if you do not already possess a bachelor's degree in law.
Overseas graduates, in addition to the above, we also require an English language qualification at a level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Modules in terms 1 and 2 are either assessed by a three hour unseen written examination or 4,500 word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations.
The dissertation module will be assessed by submission of a thesis (15,000 words). The dissertation provides an opportunity for sustained, in-depth and intensive investigation into, and reflection upon, a specialist area of Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
For more information on scholarships available exclusively to University of Law postgraduate students, please visit our postgraduate scholarships page.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|LLM||Full time||September 2019||£ 8,750 per Academic year (Home/EU)||12 Months|
|LLM||Full time||September 2019||£ 12,000 per Academic year (International)||12 Months|
|LLM||Online study||September 2019||£ 9,350 per Academic year ()||12 Months|
|LLM||Full time||January 2020||£ 12,000 per Academic year (International)||12 Months|
|LLM||Online study||January 2020||£ 9,350 per Academic year ()||12 Months|
|LLM||Full time||January 2020||£ 8,750 per Academic year (Home/EU)||12 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Birmingham centre||Birmingham||B18 6AQ||West Midlands|
|London Bloomsbury centre||Camden||WC1E 7DE||South East|
|Leeds centre||Leeds||LS1 5HD||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.