The University of Law
MA International Corporate Governance
The MA International Corporate Governance is an innovative, flexible programme designed for non-law graduates who would like to gain essential in-depth knowledge of International Corporate Governance. Whether you have an academic interest, have plans to join a global corporation or simply want to know more about how corporate governance works on an international level, this programme will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
The Award-Linked Module for this programme (International Corporate Governance) will cover areas such as the different models of corporate governance, convergence and path dependence theories, harmonisation of corporate governance codes and the future of global corporate governance. The aim of this module is to put international corporate governance in context, enabling students to learn how to apply complex theoretical concepts to real world client situations.
The programme structure is highly flexible, meaning that you can design a degree that meets your career objectives, whatever they might be.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics.
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context, so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world.
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development.
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes.*
- Learn about Legal Technology. As a result of the embedded flexibility of the Master’s Programmes in Law, you can select to study modules in legal technology, gaining insight into this emerging area.
- Improve your employability. Gain those all important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a Postgraduate Student Loan
To be eligible to take up your place on one of our new Master's law courses (from our Master's in Law suite of programmes), you must possess an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any subject at 2:2 or above.
Overseas graduates and mature non-graduates:
- Please send your qualifications through to the Admissions team who can advise on your eligibility for the course
- If you decide you wish to proceed onto the BPTC, please apply for a Certificate of Academic Standing from the Bar Standards Board (BSB)
A sufficient command of English is required to successfully complete the course. Please note that students providing a degree from a UK university as proof of English must have studied the whole degree in the UK.
Further information can be obtained from the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) (for future solicitors) or Bar Standards Board (BSB) (for future barristers)
If you have completed a degree outside the UK and you do not come from a majority English speaking country:
A certified copy of any document that proves that you are qualified in English at CEFR level B2 or above in each of the four components of language learning.
Modules in terms 1 and 2 are either assessed by a three hour unseen written examination or 4,500 word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations.
The dissertation module will be assessed by submission of a thesis (15,000 words). The dissertation provides an opportunity for sustained, in-depth and intensive investigation into, and reflection upon, a specialist area of International Corporate Governance.
For more information on scholarships available exclusively to University of Law postgraduate students, please visit our postgraduate scholarships page.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|LLM||Full time||September 2019||£ 8,750 per Academic year (Home/EU)||12 Months|
|LLM||Full time||September 2019||£ 12,000 per Academic year (International)||12 Months|
|LLM||Online study||September 2019||£ 9,350 per Academic year ()||12 Months|
|LLM||Full time||January 2020||£ 8,750 per Academic year (Home/EU)||12 Months|
|LLM||Full time||January 2020||£ 12,000 per Academic year (International)||12 Months|
|LLM||Online study||January 2020||£ 9,350 per Academic year ()||12 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|London Moorgate centre||City of London||EC1Y 8HQ||South East|
|Bristol centre||Bristol||BS1 6HG||South West|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.