The University of Law
PGDip Legal Technology
The PG Dip Legal Technology is an innovative, flexible programme designed for law and non-law graduates who would like to gain essential in-depth knowledge of Legal Technology without having to complete a dissertation. Whether you want to progress within your existing firm, have plans to create your own start up or simply want to know more about how technology is changing the legal landscape, this programme will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
The Award-Linked Module for this programme (Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law) will consider how disruptive technologies are bringing about a fundamental shift in decision-making and shaping a new normal in legal practice operations. The module will look at the two key technologies facilitating this change: artificial intelligence and blockchain. This module will allow you to get hands-on with the technology, exploring how it works as well as the legal and regulatory issues its use presents.
The programme structure is highly flexible, meaning that you can design a programme that meets your career objectives, whatever they might be.
- Stay ahead of the competition. As one of the few education providers offering this programme, gain insight into the latest insights of this emerging and rapidly evolving area.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics.
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context, so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world.
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development.
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes.*
- Improve your employability. Gain those all important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
To study our PGDip Legal Technology, you must have the following:
- a UK batchelor's degree in any subject at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
- if you are not from a majority English-speaking country, a score of at least 6.5 in all sections of the relevant tests administered by the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) (Academic).
Modules are either assessed by a three hour unseen written examination or 4,500 word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PgDip||Full time||September 2019||£ 8,050 per Academic year (International)||34 Weeks|
|PgDip||Online study||September 2019||£ 5,850 per Academic year ()||34 Weeks|
|PgDip||Full time||September 2019||£ 5,850 per Academic year (Home/EU)||34 Weeks|
|PgDip||Full time||January 2020||£ 5,850 per Academic year (Home/EU)||34 Weeks|
|PgDip||Full time||January 2020||£ 8,050 per Academic year (International)||34 Weeks|
|PgDip||Online study||January 2020||£ 5,850 per Academic year ()||34 Weeks|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|London Moorgate centre||City of London||EC1Y 8HQ||South East|
|Leeds centre||Leeds||LS1 5HD||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Nottingham Campus||Nottingham||NG1 6FS||East Midlands|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.