The University of Law
LLM International Corporate Governance
The LLM International Corporate Governance is an innovative, flexible programme designed for law graduates who would like to gain essential in-depth knowledge of International Corporate Governance. Whether you have an academic interest, have plans to join a global corporation or simply want to know more about how corporate governance works on an international level, this programme will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
The Award-Linked Module for this programme (International Corporate Governance) will cover areas such as the different models of corporate governance, convergence and path dependence theories, harmonisation of corporate governance codes and the future of global corporate governance. The aim of this module is to put international corporate governance in context, enabling students to learn how to apply complex theoretical concepts to real world client situations.
The programme structure is highly flexible, meaning that you can design a degree that meets your career objectives, whatever they might be.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics.
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context, so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world.
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development.
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes.*
- Learn about Legal Technology. As a result of the embedded flexibility of the Master’s Programmes in Law, you can select to study modules in legal technology, gaining insight into this emerging area.
- Improve your employability. Gain those all important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a Postgraduate Student Loan
To be eligible to take up your place on our new LLMs, you must comply with the following requirements:
- Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in law at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
- We recommend that you consider our MA courses if you do not already possess a bachelor's degree in law.
- Overseas graduates, in addition to the above, we also require an English language qualification at a level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Modules in terms 1 and 2 are either assessed by a three hour unseen written examination or 4,500 word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations.
The dissertation module will be assessed by submission of a thesis (15,000 words). The dissertation provides an opportunity for sustained, in-depth and intensive investigation into, and reflection upon, a specialist area of International Corporate Governance.
For more information on scholarships available exclusively to University of Law postgraduate students, please visit our postgraduate scholarships page.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|LLM||Full time||September 2019||£ 8,750 per Academic year (Home/EU)||Months|
|LLM||Full time||September 2019||£ 12,000 per Academic year (International)||Months|
|LLM||Online / distance learning||September 2019||£ 9,350 per Academic year ()||Months|
|LLM||Full time||January 2020||£ 12,000 per Academic year (International)||Months|
|LLM||Online / distance learning||January 2020||£ 9,350 per Academic year ()||Months|
|LLM||Full time||January 2020||£ 8,750 per Academic year (Home/EU)||Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.