University of Liverpool
Business Analytics and Big Data
Competitive advantage and innovation in the digital world involves the accurate analysis and insights offered by big data — huge data sets that are constantly being generated — in order to improve effectiveness and efficiencies across several business areas, such as operations management and marketing. In order to exploit the insights provided by big data, business analytics and the effective use and understanding of data is crucial. This is a rapidly developing field, which is exhibiting massive demand from industry for qualified individuals in this area to take up roles in management globally.
The programme covers more than just the mining and analysis of data — it explores the wider application of big data to all business functions and creation of new business models.
You will develop your knowledge of the organisation, administration and governance of this data, as well as honing your analytical, organisational and leadership skills. The programme is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in this dynamic field or continue their studies to PhD level.
Developed in collaboration with industry contributors and partners including PepsiCo and AstraZeneca, the programme is also underpinned by multidisciplinary research. The programme was developed by academics in the Management School, with some modules supported by colleagues in Electrical Engineering and Electronics.
Normally a university degree in management, engineering, science or related disciplines at 2:1 standard from a UK university, or an equivalent academic qualification from a similar non-UK institution is required. Non-graduates with very extensive professional experience and/or other prior qualifications may also be considered. All candidates must meet our required level of English.
The 12-month programme consists of five compulsory modules and three optional modules followed by the Main Project over the summer period on completion of Semester 2.
Students are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full MSc.
- Applied Research Methods (ULMS515)
- Big Data Management (EBUS622)
- Data Mining and Machine Learning (EBUS537)
- Big Data Analytics for Business (EBUS633)
- E-business Strategy (EBUS605)
- MSc Project (EBUS621)
- Business Simulation and Analysis (EBUS635)
- Operations Modelling and Simulation (EBUS504)
- Big Data Analysis (COMP529)
- Business Analysis & Assessment (EBUS601)
- Project and Portfolio Management in Organisations (EBUS614)
- Data Mining and VIsualisation (COMP527)
- Global Corporate Strategy (ULMS519)
- E-business Enterprise Systems With Sap (EBUS612)
- Logistics and Physical Distribution (EBUS609)
- Maritime Logistics (EBUS632)
- Service Operations Management (EBUS634)
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||£ 9,500 per Academic year (home fees)||12 months|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2018||£ 17,000 per Academic year (International)||12 months|
|MSc||Part-time||September 2018||£ 4,750 per Year 1 (home fees)||24 months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.