University of London International Programmes

University of London International Programmes

Global Diplomacy

Entry requirements

Applicants must have either a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a UK university or other institution, acceptable to the University, or an equivalent international qualification (qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits) Or previous education and experience in a relevant discipline (without a UK Bachelor's degree), or international equivalent, that satisfies the University and has included suitable preliminary training. Applications will be welcome from applicants with unconventional career paths and consideration will be given to work experience. All applicants must have a high level of English language ability in reading, writing and study skills (you may be asked to provide evidence of language ability as tested by the British Council or another registered body).

Course modules

Core module: the art of negotiation. PLUS three electives from the following: diplomatic systems; strategic studies; the united nations in the world; international security; visions of the modern American presidency 1945-2000; international history and international relations; the ascent to pre-eminence: the united states emergence as a global power 1898-1948; theories of international relations; international economics; America and the world: us foreign policy; sport and diplomacy; research. Plus: dissertation module.

Assessment methods

The Dissertation module is assessed by written work of not more than 15,000 words, excluding the bibliography and appendices, which account for 70% of the grade for the module. The remaining 30% of the module grade is based on the mark obtained for a three-hour examined component and the mark obtained for a 1,500 word research proposal, each of which accounts for 15% of the grade awarded for the module.


Qualification Study mode Start month Fee Course duration
MA Distance learning GBP 10,000 per Whole course (England) 2 years
MA Distance learning GBP 10,000 per Whole course (Northern Ireland) 2 years
MA Distance learning GBP 10,000 per Whole course (Scotland) 2 years
MA Distance learning GBP 10,000 per Whole course (Wales) 2 years

Campus details

Campus name Town Postcode Region Main campus Campus Partner

Get in touch

Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.

Key information

Telephone number: 
020 7862 8360