University of Reading
Primary Education (Early Years, 3-7 years)
This specialist pathway in Early Years (3-7) enables you to specialise in one area or phase but you will also train to teach across age ranges. Choose this pathway if you are interested in early learning and early child development. By choosing this pathway, you will experience both the EYFS and KS1 phases and therefore be highly skilled in two curricula. If you are interested in the rewards and challenges of being an Early Years teacher choose this pathway. The programme leads to 60 master’s credits and QTS.
- Experience inspirational teaching, individual support and high-quality phonics preparation
- Develop teaching skills and techniques, and acquire curriculum knowledge
- Benefit from strong links between schools and the University
- Once qualified, you will have been taught to specialise within your chosen age range, but will also be qualified to teach any primary age.
PGCE Early Years (3-7)
- Gives you the experience and knowledge to work in Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) settings and infant/primary schools
- The EYFS is a unique phase of education which involves learning through play
- This phase leads into KS1, when children start to grapple with learning to read, applying their mathematical knowledge and making sense of how the world works.
IELTS: 6.5 overall with no element less than 5.5 (or equivalent)
Entry requirements: You are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) plus grade C or above in GCSE mathematics, science and English or equivalent. Prior experience (minimum two weeks) in a maintained primary or Early Years school required. You will also need to pass the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) skills tests and undertake a criminal record and occupational health check.
- The core subjects (English, maths and science)
- Professional studies
- The foundation subjects
- Special Educational Needs
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|PGCE||Full-time||September 2018||£ 9,250 per Academic year (Home)||10 Months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|University of Reading||Reading||RG6 6UR||South East|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.