University of Reading
Accounting and Finance
This master's programme has been developed as a collaboration between Henley's Business Informatics Systems and Accounting (BISA) area and the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Centre. It is best suited for students who are accounting graduates. This programme is suited to anyone wishing to deepen their knowledge of accounting and finance in the contemporary commercial environment, and who wants to enter a career in financial markets or advisory/financial services; either as an analyst, as a professional accountant, or as a preparation for further research at PhD level. The programme curriculum will provide a blend of theoretical-, research- and practice-led content. This will enable students to develop deeper conceptual and theoretically informed perspectives of accounting and financial practices with acknowledgment of the role of information systems in those processes, and learn how to make judgements on complex commercial issues. It provides the opportunity to gain exemption from four Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional exams (BA1 to BA4). **Careers** Students will enhance their employability in their related first-degree disciplines or in any general business management roles. The programme will also enhance career opportunities in more specialised accounting and finance fields. As the programme offers an international perspective, career prospects are likely to be international. In addition, the programme will serve as a good basis for further academic development in accounting- and finance-related disciplines. **Modules** - Financial reporting and regulation - Securities, futures and options - Fixed income and equity investments - Introduction to quantitative methods for finance - Accounting information systems
MSc: Normally a good first or second class honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK) in accounting/finance or with significant accounting/finance content. Applicants with professional accounting qualifications will also be considered for entry. IELTS: 7.0 overall with no element less than 6.0 (or equivalent).
* Financial reporting and regulation * Securities, futures and options * Fixed income and equity investments * Introduction to quantitative methods for finance * Accounting information systems
You will learn and be assessed through a wide variety of teaching methods which vary depending on your chosen Masters programme. These include online materials and multimedia content, guest lectures, individual and group assignments, case studies, field visits, dealing room simulations, presentations, applied projects, consultancy work and examinations. On average examinations form around 70% of the assessed work with the remaining 30% coming from coursework, including a written dissertation or project depending on your chosen programme. The exam period falls between April and June in the summer term, with students taking an average of 5 or 6 exams. Graduation normally takes place in December.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||16,500 per Whole course (Scotland)||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||16,500 per Whole course (Wales)||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||16,500 per Whole course (Channel Islands)||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||16,500 per Whole course (Northern Ireland)||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||23,750 per Whole course (International)||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||16,500 per Whole course (England)||1 Years|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||16,500 per Whole course (EU)||1 Years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Henley Business School||RG9 3AU||South East|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.