University of Sheffield
Polymers for Advanced Technologies
This course is designed with industry in mind. We have also partnered with Materials Science and Engineering and Physics to encompass the breadth of modern polymer science and technology. You'll become the kind of high-calibre polymer science graduate needed to develop new products and processes in a variety of industries. Through a combination of theory and practice, we'll teach you about polymer synthesis, physics, characterisation and the latest developments in polymer research. When you design and conduct your own extended research project, you can look in more detail at the areas you're most interested in and learn how to communicate your science to the chemical community. **Your research project** This can be based in an academic group at the University, or in industry. If it's industry- based, the topic is usually suggested by the company you're working with. You may be expected to liaise closely with the company to organise your project. We use a mixture of lectures, practicals, workshops and individual research projects. The optional modules in the second semester enable you to specialise in two specific areas of polymer science. You can also tailor your research project to your particular interests. Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information.
MSc: You need a good honours degree or relevant experience in chemistry, chemical physics, chemical engineering, materials or a related subject. English language requirements: Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
For all taught modules, written exams contribute 75 per cent towards your final grade. The other 25 per cent comes from continuous assessment, which might include essays on specialised topics or assessed workshops. You also produce a 15,000-word dissertation based on your research project.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2019||-||1 Years|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Main Site||S10 2TN||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.
Department of Chemistry