University of St Andrews
Applicants are normally expected to have a UK 2.1 degree or equivalent from a recognised institution.
Compulsory modules: 1. Literary Research: Skills and Resources: trains students in the understanding and use of the essential skills and resources of research in English Studies; it also provides preparation for the MLitt dissertation.
2. Life, Text, Afterlife: explores the phases of literary and cultural production and reception, from the lives of authors and cultural figures, through the conditions of publication of their work and the challenges of presenting modern editions of those works, through to their reception in later works of literature.
3. Literary History, Politics, Culture: explores the interaction of literature and its various historical, philosophical, cultural and political contexts in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Optional modules: Students will choose one optional module out of the following three choices:
1. Special Topic in English Studies: a directed reading programme which allows students to explore topics in greater depth than is possible in compulsory modules.
2. a compulsory module from another English MLitt (see module catalogue)
3. an approved postgraduate-level module outwith the School of English (arranged independently with another school such as Classics, Modern Languages, Divinity or Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies).
Dissertation: Student dissertations will be supervised by members of the teaching staff who will advise on the choice of subject and provide guidance throughout the research process. The completed dissertation of not more than 15,000 words must be submitted by a date specified in August. ' individual interests with staff research expertise.
Taught modules consist of weekly and fortnightly seminars and group discussions with class sizes ranging from three to ten students. Modules are assessed through coursework essays. A 15,000 word dissertation is required at the end of the programme.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MLitt||Full-time||September 2017||GBP 7,500 per Year 1 (England)||12 months|
|MLitt||Full-time||September 2017||GBP 17,090 per Year 1 (International)||12 months|
|MLitt||Full-time||September 2017||GBP 7,500 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland)||12 months|
|MLitt||Full-time||September 2017||GBP 7,500 per Year 1 (Scotland)||12 months|
|MLitt||Full-time||September 2017||GBP 7,500 per Year 1 (Wales)||12 months|
|MLitt||Full-time||September 2017||GBP 7,500 per Year 1 (EU)||12 months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.