University of Strathclyde
Financial Technology (FinTech) is concerned with the use of technology to make financial transactions more efficient. Graduates in this field will have a good understanding of finance, accounting, business information systems and analytic methods.
Our MSc FinTech is jointly provided by the departments of Accounting & Finance and Management Science where relevant expertise resides across all core competencies both in teaching and research. This is a transitional masters degree and we accept students from a variety of background who want a career is this area.
You'll gain a comprehensive skill set using a blended learning approach that combines theory, intensive practice and industrial engagement.
- an Honours degree, or equivalent, in accounting, economics, business studies or a subject area with a strong quantitative bias. The programme requires no prior knowledge of finance
- for students whose first language is not English, get more information about the English language requirements for studying at Strathclyde
- you must also be able to attend the introductory sessions in mid September 2017
- Regulations & Technology
- Principles of Finance
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Big Data Fundamentals
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Systems
- Security Analysis
- Risk Management for Banks
Semester 1 & 2
- Becoming an Effective Technology Analyst
Choose one Accounting & Finance class from:
- Portfolio Theory & Management
- Financial Management for Banks
Choose one Management Science class from:
- Stochastic Modelling for Analytics
- Business Simulation Modelling
- Risk Analysis & Management
Choose one Computer Science class from:
- Big Data Tools & Techniques
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Data Analytics
Assessment will vary across the classes but will include exams, written assignments as well as practical team and individual projects.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2017||£ 12,000 per (home fees)||12 months|
|MSc||Full-time||September 2017||£ 19,500 per (International)||12 months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|University of Strathclyde||Glasgow||G1 1XQ||Scotland|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.