University of Surrey
The course is heavily research-based, with 75 per cent of the 180 total credits for the degree gained during the extended research project. The remaining 25 per cent of credits are collected through a taught component (3 taught modules, each around 30-45 contact hours and 105-120 self-study hours).
A minimum 2.2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or a related discipline; possibly an informal interview; candidates for whom English is not their 1st language are normally required to have IELTS 6.5 or above (or equivalent), with a minimum component score of 6.0.
Compulsory modules: Extended research project; management, communication and IT skills. Optional modules (choose 2): Advanced spectroscopy; biomolecules and medicinal chemistry; advanced topics in organic chemistry; advanced topics in inorganic chemistry; advanced topics in physical chemistry; advanced polymer materials and nanotechnology; advanced medicinal chemistry; advanced methods in forensics.
Assessment methods include coursework, written examinations, workshops, practical examinations and a project.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|MRes||Full-time||September 2016||GBP 8,000 per Year 1 (England)||12 months|
|MRes||Full-time||September 2016||GBP 18,000 per Year 1 (International)||12 months|
|MRes||Full-time||September 2016||GBP 8,000 per Year 1 (Northern Ireland)||12 months|
|MRes||Full-time||September 2016||GBP 8,000 per Year 1 (Scotland)||12 months|
|MRes||Full-time||September 2016||GBP 8,000 per Year 1 (Wales)||12 months|
|MRes||Part-time||September 2016||-||24 months|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|University of Surrey||Guildford||GU2 7XH||South East|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.