University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD)
The MA Events Management programme focuses on a broad range of event types with an international perspective. It is aimed at students who work, or aspire to work in the continually expanding events sector, at regional, national or international levels.
The MA Events Management programme is available as a full or part-time campus-based programme as well as a part-time online programme. In part one of the programme students will study a number of modules which will enable them to gain a critical insight into the nature and management of events, marketing and management.
Events specific modules will engage students in appraising the diverse events industry, specifically considering its continually changing developmental themes, and issues within contemporary society; the sector will also be studied from a global perspective, considering both the practical and theoretical frameworks of the events industry and its management.
Additionally, students will also develop an understanding of management principles and marketing applied to the events sector and will engage in critical thinking about contemporary global issues which form the backdrop to the discipline. In part two of the programme, students can elect to undertake a dissertation, integrated case study or business development proposal. Exit awards also include Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma.
All applicants will be individually considered for admission using the following criteria:
- Normally, the possession of a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree, or an appropriate equivalent, ie a professional qualification, from a recognised British or overseas institution.
- Applicants for the online programme should normally be employed in a suitable type and size of organisation so that they can draw on their professional context for learning.
- Applicants who do not fully satisfy the general criteria will be considered and may be admitted if they are able to demonstrate that they are capable of successfully undertaking and completing the programme at the required standard, and are able to contribute fully to, and benefit from, the learning experiences delivered within the programme.
- There is no requirement for attendance in the UK for the online distance learning programme. International students who decide to come to the University to attend in person in the UK must fully meet the requirements of the UKBA.
- Applicants who have been taught and assessed in languages other than English should have an English language equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
Other potential candidates
Candidates with significant related employment fields, or related area/discipline/subject experience, or defined voluntary experience, or similar related employment field experience may be admitted to the programme without degree or degree equivalent qualifications if they can demonstrate their potential to meet the learning requirements of the programme.
Within part 1 of the programme students undertaking the Postgraduate Diploma or MA must take all compulsory modules and one optional module; students undertaking a Postgraduate Certificate must take three out of the four compulsory modules.
- Events Management: Themes and Issues (compulsory)
- Global Events Management: A Practical Insight (compulsory)
- Marketing (compulsory)
- Management Theory and Practice (compulsory)
- Global Issues (compulsory)
- International Tourism Contexts (optional)
- Strategic Management of Sports Organisations (optional)
- Heritage Tourism Contexts (optional)
- Industry Research Experience (optional)
Students undertaking the MA Events Management must take one of the following:
- Case Study
- Business Development Proposal
Assessment for both online and campus-based versions of the programmes employs a variety of coursework formats which engage students in critical thinking about practical issues. In addition to more traditional essays and reports, assessment across the programme also includes presentations, podcasts, online discussion, articles, seminar report, critical discussion, case studies, interview report, portfolio, poster presentation.
Please note, this course is still to be validated.
|Qualification||Study mode||Start month||Fee||Course duration|
|Campus name||Town||Postcode||Region||Main campus||Campus||Partner|
|Mount Pleasant Campus||Swansea||SA1 6ED||Wales|
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.