University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Yr Athrofa: The Education Institute
Some of the key reasons why you should undertake your Teacher Education with UWTSD: Yr Athrofa:
- Brand New £350m campus at Swansea Waterfront Development
- Yr Athrofa is one of a select few teacher education providers to have been accredited by the EWC.
- 600 Student Teachers on our Initial Teacher Trianing programmes.
- 200 partnership schools are part of the Athrofa Professional Learning Partnership (APLP)
- UWTSD has teacher education at its heart and a well-respected heritage dating from 1848 of supporting student teachers;
- The IQ space has benefited from significant investment from Sony Vision Exchange technology, who are using the facilities to lead its own technology developments in education; you will be learning to teach at the cutting edge of technology.
- You will learn with experienced teachers and university teacher educators who are part of the Athrofa Professional Learning Partnership. All are passionate about their subjects and are dedicated to helping you develop your own teacher identity and expertise;
- You will have the opportunity to choose an elective experience in school so that you can pursue and research into a particular curriculum interest;
- You will have the opportunity to participate in Yr Athrofa: Aiming for Excellence Conference, supported by respected experts from the field of education:
- You will have the opportunity to develop your spoken and written Welsh Language in a supportive and differentiated learning environment.
- Yr Athrofa offers opportunities for you to continue your professional learning studies on completion of your PGCE. The programme offers 60 credits at Master's level which can be carried forward to a fast-track MA Education programme or you can 'top-up' at a later date in your career.
- Excellent 99% employment rate for PGCE graduates (2016/17 DLHE)
Find out more at: www.uwtsd.ac.uk/teacher-education
Programmes and pathways:
Our newly accredited PGCE Initial Teacher Education programmes offer a valuable entry point to a career in the education sector. We offer 16 secondary subjects, as well as primary programmes in English and Welsh, and there are many opportunities for cross-phase collaboration and learning.
BA(Hons) Primary Education with QTS
PGCE Postgraduate Pathways:
Secondary Subject Pathways:
- Art and Design
- Business Studies
- Design and Technology
- Information Technology and Computing
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Religious Education
- Science Pathways: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
The programme consists of a core curriculum delivered across the suite of our ITE programmes. This includes:
- Compulsory modules
- Research skill development
- Professional pathway for Qualified Teacher Status
- Welsh Language Development Pathway
- Bridging – activities which bring together theory and practice
- Electives – a school-based experience following a chosen area of interest
- Alternative setting – an opportunity to experience non-school education settings
Get in touch
Remember to mention TARGETpostgrad when contacting universities.