University of York

University of York

Conservation Studies

Research degrees, based on the writing of a thesis, can be undertaken in 3 ways: MA by research (1 year); MPhil (2 years); PhD (3 years).

Entry requirements

Applicants require a UK 2.1 or international equivalent in a relevant subject.For research programmes, you must submit your research proposal with your application.

Sponsorship information

A range of scholarships and studentships are available at postgraduate level. Some scholarships are funded by the University (such as the York Master's Opportunity Scholarship) and some are funded by Research Councils, alumni, businesses and charities. Please check with the provider for details.


Qualification Study mode Start month Fee Course duration
MA (Res) Full-time - 1 years
MA (Res) Part-time - 2 years

Campus details

Campus name Town Postcode Region Main campus Campus Partner
University of York York YO10 5DD Yorkshire and the Humber

Key information

Postgraduate Administrator
Telephone number: 
01904 323963