TARGETpostgrad bursary competition
Our bursary competition in 2017
We’re not running the TARGETpostgrad bursary competition this year, but we’ve got plenty of advice that will help you get to grips with the funding options out there.
Loans for postgraduate students
- Government masters loans for home and EU students
- Charity and trust funding for postgraduate study
- Professional and career development loans
- Government's consultation response document on PhD loans from 2018/19
Scholarships, bursaries and charities
Useful reference books
- The Grants Register 2017: The Complete Guide to Postgraduate Funding Worldwide by Palgrave Macmillan (1137511427)
- The Guide to Educational Grants 2016/17 by Gabriele Zagnojute, published by Directory of Social Change (1784820067)
- Charities Digest 2016 published by Waterlow Professional Publishing (1857832272)
- A Guide to Grants for Individuals in Need 2016/17 by Rachel Cain and Jennifer Reynolds, published by Directory of Social Change (1784820059)
All of these books should be in your university library or at a larger public library. If not, your public library should be able to order them in for you.
Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding – your university may have an online subscription or a hard copy in the library. The guide has some very useful information about how to approach charities about help with funding your postgraduate course.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure you sign up with TARGETpostgrad to receive funding news and emails about courses that match your interests.