Choosing a course
The UK offers a wide range of taught postgraduate programmes or postgraduate research programmes, which are respected and recognised throughout the world.
- Find out more about the variety of different courses available
- Is postgraduate study right for you?
- Kick start your career with a postgraduate conversion course
- Returning to study after a break: postgraduate tips for mature students
- Deciding to do an MBA: your questions answered
Postgraduate study and research can serve different needs from career training to the development of original and exciting ideas through research and collaborative work.
- How postgraduate study can open up new career options
- Job or postgraduate study? Choose both with part-time and distance learning
- Balancing postgraduate study and part-time work
Applying for courses
You should submit your application as early as possible in the academic year prior to that in which you wish to study.
- Postgraduate course applications
- How to write a winning application for your postgraduate course
- Which referees should I choose for my postgraduate application?
Students from overseas
Every year, students from all over the world choose to study in the UK for masters or PhD-level qualifications. Chances are that these include several people you know - and now you are considering trying it out yourself. So why should you choose the UK for postgraduate study?
- Advice for international students
- Why choose the UK
- Fees and funding FAQs for overseas postgraduate students
What type of course?
MA, MSc, MRes, PhD, EngD... there are all sorts of postgraduate courses available.
If you're at a crossroads between employment and further study, take the time to consider the huge variety of postgraduate courses on offer. From one year to five years and beyond...
Where to study
UK universities offer world-class postgraduate courses ranging from postgraduate diplomas and certificates to postdoctoral work and beyond.
Already know what you'd like to study? Use our city guides to consider your location possibilities. Looking further afield? Take a look at the world of postgraduate study with our guides to overseas opportunities.
Kickstart your career
Use an extra qualification to help you get ahead, or to even switch specialism to a new career path.
Also: returning to study after a break.